Monday, December 30, 2013

Bloggerpalooza Coming Up!




Folks, it seems just like yesterday that we had our first annual Bloggerpalooza.  



Actually it was last April but what's a few months?  This year the second annual Bloggerpalooza will again take place at the Inn at Canal Square in Lewes, Delaware. 
 
Mark, Anne Marie, Cubby, Nate, Jay and Superman (Clint)


This year the Bloggerpalooza will take place over three days; March 13th, 14th and 15th (Thursday, Friday and Saturday).  The date are earlier this year to take advantage of the lower winter rates and 20% discount on the rack rates of the hotel rooms for those of you who choose to stay at the Inn.

The Inn at Canal Square, Lewes, Delaware


Again this year we will have a buffet dinner on Saturday night ($25 per person) followed by "prizes".  

Please feel free to bring your own prizes for presentation at this time, however it is not necessary to join the fun as witness below. Last year Dr. Spo was the beneficiary of most of the "prizes" but this year we're going to expand our prize beneficiaries.



The hospitality suite will again be open. This year Dr. Spo and Someone will share the suite with myself and Toronto Pat, my friend from Canada. Here are some random videos from last year's hospitality suite:



I believe this was from the first night judging by the darkness outside. Even though most of us never met one another in person before, there were no awkward silent moments. We were all like old friends. Wonderful!


Bloggerpalooza 2013

Then there was the fun time at the prize presentations. Dr. Spo trying on his new "Cha Cha Shoes." Jolly good time!



Then there was the Old Time Photo Shoot the next day. More than a few of our Bloggerpalooza attendees were skeptical about this but were quickly won over by Anne of Old Time Photo. I'm not sure if we can do this again at our next Bloggerpalooza because of the early date. I'll try and get Anne to open her shop special for us. Stay 
tuned!








After our old time photo shoot we walked up Rehoboth Avenue to the Dos Locos restaurant to surprise Wayne ("The Cajun"). And oh yes, we did surprise him.




The Cajun quickly recovered and sat us at our tables. A bit later Mark, another fellow blogger showed up with his spouse Joe.



My spouse Bill didn't attend the Bloggerpalooza (Bill is a very private man) but Dr. Spo, Someone and Doug went to Casa Tipton-Kelly to visit Bill personally and to see the manse. 


All too soon the Bloggerpalooza was over. Last year's event was only two days long, that's why we extended this year to three days. Some of us met for the final time at the hospitality suite.



The following are a few videos of those get togethers, sans booze this time. You'll notice the talk isn't as loud as the previous get togethers in the hospitality 
suite.



Then there was the last breakfast at the Inn. 


This is the video of The Cajun giving his final goodbye. An interesting aside.  The Cajun is indirectly responsible for the Bloggerpalooza.  I found Dr. Spo's blog through the Cajun's blog.  I became friendly with Dr. Spo who suggested traveling to the East Coast to meet his blogger followers who couldn't travel to his home in Phoenix, Arizona.



Thank you The Cajun.  Of course I was the one who suggested to The Cajun to even start blogging.  So, what goes round, comes round so to speak.  Anyway, it's all good.  With so much negativity in this world today isn't it wonderful just to have a group of friends together for a good time.  Peace and love my friends, peace and love.



10 comments:

  1. Alright, alright, Dr Spo is really cute and very photogenic! Great videos Ron! I know that Anne Marie and Todd are a lot of fun and I am sure all the other guests as amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,
      This is my reminder for those who want to come to the Bloggerpalooza, it's just around the corner. Three months goes like that.
      Oh, I did take the "bonus" off this posting. That might have been too much. Thanks!
      Ron

      Delete
  2. What about the brewery tour? Can that be rescheduled for the earlier date on Friday?

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      Thanks for reminding me about the Dogfish Brewery tour. I check in on that. Give me an idea of how many want to go on the tour.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Ron

    My apologies, first of all, for just responding to your last blog where I was the guest of honour. Man, if that isn't turning up for your own party I don't know what is. I would like to say, out of turn, that I want to thank everyone for the nice comments. It was one heck of a birthday party - and I will read more blogs in the future. I have had the privilege of meeting some of the folks here in person - but of course I feel I know a lot more from this blog site. Maybe not voice inflections and accents - but personality really shines thru on what people have to say on these posts.

    Ron - if I can be of any help for you in arranging or doing errands just let me know. I know it will be a wonderful time.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      I'm looking forward to introducing you to my wonderful blogger friends. You've already met a few (in Philadelphia), I can assure you the others are just as nice. Have a happy New Year!
      Ron

      Delete
  4. I hope 2014 is even more enjoyable and better still more attended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      Plans are in place for an even bigger and better Bloggerpalooza than last year, guaranteed! More new folks coming too. Jolly good times will be had.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Hi Ron:
    I am interested in participating in this year's blogger gathering.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi David,
    You're welcome to come! I'm working tonight and tomorrow night from 3 to 11 PM. Give me a call at the Inn. Send me your e-mail and I can send you the phone number or you can look up the phone number on our website.
    Have a great day!
    Ron
    Ron

    ReplyDelete