Today I am on brain overload.
Yesterday my new friend Don V. was over for dinner. After dinner Don, who has been a happy and faithful user of Mac computers for the last twenty years or so, showed me some cool things to do with my recently purchased iPad. WOW! To say I am impressed is an understatement. I am literally blown away!
For too many years I was a user of Windows based computers. And of course for too many years I went through the usual nerve wracking inevitability of wondering when my computer would crash. And crash they did, with regular basis.
After my year old Dell computer crashed last year, I gave in and brought an iMac computer with all the bells and whistles. I haven't looked back since.
I am sitting before my 27 inch screen iMac computer as I happily type this blog post. I don't worry about my Mac freezing up. I don't worry about viruses. I don't worry about registry problems. I don't worry.
Now that I have a new found comfort level I decided to dip my toes into some of these other Mac products I've been hearing so much about. A few months ago I purchased an iPad. I love it!
I take it to work with me to access my e-mail, blog, Facebook - all functions that I am unable to do on work computer. Those functions are blocked to prevent a virus or maleware to infect the work computers, which has happened in the past. So I was quite happy doing these few functions on my handy, little iPad notebook.
Then last night Don opened up my eyes to the whole new world of apps (short for applications) for Mac. Wow! I'm not a game player or one of those virtual reality guys but he had me driving a car through the city streets of Chicago, my hands gripping the sides of my iMac as a steering wheel. I was a little kid again! That was fun!
So here are just some of the apps:
- Beautiful Planet - gorgeous pictures of this planet
- Weather Channel - yes, just like on TV!
- Eyewitness Guardian News - current photo coverage of news events around the planet
- White and Yellow Pages - a must for me who is always looking up this information
- Ebay - yes! I am an eBay customer
- iFishpond - not quite the same as my ponds in PA but close
- NFS Shift - the aforementioned auto racing - FUN!
- X-Plane-9 - flying an airplane - more FUN! I crashed and burned first time up!
- Pandora - music all kinds all the time - LOVE IT!
- Angry Birds - need I say more? Just the most popular game on the planet
- E*Trade - easy access to my millions
- Mint.com - my favorite! All my financial records at the touch of my fingertips
- Rehomobeach - an awkward name for all the gay places in the Rehoboth Beach area
- This Day in History - a must for this information hog
|Don V. - my iPad mentor|