Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hidden Camera Catches Romney's Thoughts on the other 47%





"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax."




Folks, I am one of those 47 percent who Romney cares nothing about.

I saw this video and heard this quote after I returned home last night at 11:30 PM from my part-time job as a hotel front desk clerk.  One might ask

"You're a senior citizen, collecting Social Security and three small bank pensions, why are you still working at 70 years old?"

I'm working because I need the supplemental income to survive.  I am one of those "victims" who believe the government has the responsibility to care for me.  To Romney, it doesn't matter that I EARNED my Medicare coverage because I paid into it (and am still paying into it) during all years of working.

I EARNED my Social Security payment because I paid into it since 1953 (yes, I was twelve years old when I first started paying into Social Security).  I am STILL paying into Social Security.

I am one of those "victims" who uses the Veterans Administration for my prescription drugs.  I EARNED it by serving three years in the Army when I joined in 1960.  Lifetime medical care, if I needed it, was part of the deal when the Army recruiter talking me into joining the Army.  I EARNED IT.

Last night I picked up my pay stub.  I calculated the TOTAL taxes that I paid and it comes to 21.3%, MORE than Mitt Romney paid in 2010 (13.9%)

I am the sole support of my spouse, who retired in 1983.  He now receives a small Social Security payment.  He also uses the VA for his medical needs.  He EARNED it because he served in the Army and Air Force for nine years.  He left the service to take care of his mother.  He is another one of Romney's "victims."

Yes folks, I am one of those "dependent" Obama voters who will never vote for an out of touch plutocrat like Mitt Romney who HAS NO CLUE OF WHAT MY LIFE IS LIKE.

Notice how the states that have the highest number of people who "don't pay taxes" are Romney's base?



14 comments:

  1. I was getting a bit concerned about the election because it had been so close for so long, but this summer, every time Mittsy opens his mouth he shows us all how unworthy he is of being president.
    When he loses the election, he'll have no one to blame but himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob

      Notice how relaxed Romney was when he made these comments with his base? This is the real Romney. He doesn't have a clue as to how the average person lives.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. Look at it this way : if Romney wins the elections (since he paid so much money for his nomination), comedians are going to have a field day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That they will Nadege. Better than Clinton. Unfortunately, if Romney and Ryan win my life will go downhill when they cut Medicare and privatize Social Security. For you see, I'm one of the 47% moochers. People like me who work for a living and weren't born with a silver spoon in their mouth are not of Romney's concern. Romney is the Fox News presidential candidate. I'm not of that crowd either. I can think on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a moocher too! I've worked since I was 16, I ALWAYS pay my taxes, I ALWAYS have money taken out for social security. and I AM ENTITLED to a president who gives a damn about me; and that man is barack obama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann Marie,

      Damn, you are one smart woman! I knew it the first time I layed eyes on your smiling face on Second Street in Lewes, DE. Barack Obama is the only presidential candidate who understands and cares for moochers like us!

      Ron

      Delete
  5. Coming at this as someone is voting for neither Rep or Dem--if the Reps get their way, SS won't be privatized for you Ron. Those 55 and over get to keep their plans as they are now. As I see it your life, and mine too, will go downhill if either of them win.
    And what % do you really pay?....are you really paying 35.2% in taxes? if you get any kind of refund in April, that decreases how much you are actually paying in taxes when all is said and done.
    As far as I'm concerned the whole IRS system needs to go! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slugmamma,

      Yes, I am aware that both Romney and Ryan have "promised" not to eliminate Medicate as we know it or privatize Social Security for those of my age but here's the thing...I DON'T BELIVE THEM. Both of them have shown themselves to be repetivie and unapologetic liars. Besides, if the Republicans get in power they WILL CHANGE THE RULES as they have already done in many states as well as the Bush/Cheney administration.
      Yes, the calculation of 21.30% was the total amount of all the taxes taken out of my last paycheck for my part-time job. I earn from $8,000 to $12,000 a year from my part-time job. This year I had to increase my federal tax deduction to 20% because every year I OWE money to the IRS. This isn't even counting the FICA taxes I pay. Remmeber, I don't have children to deduct as dependents. As a single man my whole like I have had to pay the FULL RATE of taxes. No dependents, child credits, or any other breaks that straight people get. For a very short while when Bill (my spouse) and I were both working we had a slight advantage of not paying as much in taxes as two straight people working but the Republicans took care of that "injustice" by passing the Marriage Penalty Tax Act. God forbid that a gay couple should pay LESS than a straight couple.
      I'm not a huge fan of Obama either, because he promised to end taxation for seniors like me but once he got elected he did nothing. But he did end "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and enforcing DOMA. However, the main reason I will vote for Obama is that he will probably appointment one or two more people to the Supreme Court. If a Republican is elected you can be sure that he will appoint a conservative to the Supreme Court and the court will repeal "Roe versus Wade". The right to choose will again be illegal and women will again seek back alley abortions. Another problem with a Republican getting elected is that they will take us into even more wars.
      Romney is not a leader. He is a phony and a liar who doesn't understand what an average American has to go through just to survive.

      Ron

      Delete
  6. Well said. Doesn't it just set your teeth on edge to hear politicians call Social Security an "entitlement", and with disdain, as if it were a hand-out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan,

      I paid a lot of money into my Social Security fund over the years and I'm still paying into it. I cringe every time I hear Social Security and Medicare referred to as an "entitlement."

      Ron

      Delete
  7. I suspect this will have no influence on voters - Mittens fans will still vote for him afterall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      Nothing Romney does will change the opinion of the Obama haters. They will vote for him no matter how incompetent, arrogant, or unfeeling he is. I never understood why the Obama haters hate him so much but they will never change, never.

      Ron

      Delete
  8. I knew you would post about this. Here is Nevada I work with idiot who support "anyone but Obama". While I am not happy with how things are going, I don't blame the president. I blame the Republican congress who refuses to work with a "black" president.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff,

      I don't blame president Obama either. He's tried to work with the Republicans but they decided to oppose everything he did, even programs they previously approved of, just so he would fail and they would get back in power.

      Ron

      Delete