Friday, September 07, 2012

Does Romney Support Our Troops?



A simple answer, no.

Mitt Romney failed to mention support for our troops who are fighting in Afghanistan in his acceptance speech.  See here.  Mitt Romney became the first Republican since 1952 to accept his party's nomination without mentioning war.


Romney was asked about his failure to mention our troops in his acceptance speech this morning on his favorite outlet, Faux Fox News and here is his lame assed answer.  He said he didn't want to do a "laundry list" acceptance speech.  Our troops are now a laundry list?





There is a lot I don't like about Romney.  But perhaps the main reason I dislike this man is the fact he has five strapping sons and not ONE OF THEM has served in the military.  In fact, when asked about this several years ago he replied "They're serving on my campaign which is the same thing."  No Governor Romney, it is NOT THE SAME THING.

I and both of my younger brothers joined the Army right after graduation from high school.  No one told us to join.  We knew it was our DUTY to our country to serve in the military.  We never gave a thought to getting out of not serving.  Of course none of us was born into privilege like Romney or his five sons.

Romney and his five sons - none of whom saw fit to offer their service to our country in the military

I find it ironic that the man who wants to be commander in chief doesn't find it important to even acknowledge our men and women who are serving on the battle line in Afghanistan.  This is the same man who running mate Paul Ryan has proposed an 11 billion dollar cut in VA benefits.  Of course Paul Ryan has also never served in the military.

I cannot tell you how much I despise both of these men.  As I said before there are many reasons for me to dislike them from their war on women to their pledge to end Medicare and Social Security but the main reason I find these two political despicable is their total disregard for our men and women in uniform and veterans.

Isn't it ironic that Mitt Romney has surrounded himself with the neocons from the Bush Administration, most of whom never served in the military themselves?  Mitt and these neocons are already saber rattling, threatening war with Iran, Syria, and Russia.  Of course they're all too willing to go to war as long as they don't have to go or any of their family.

Romney failure to mention our war in Afghanistan and troops in his acceptance speech disqualifies him to be president of the United States.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:48 PM

    Ron,

    I love how you rile me up with things I have missed, especially from our poor choice for a republican nomination! He is an ass, please excuse my language.

    I retired early about two years ago when I was 55. I worked for one of the worlds largest adult beverage companies in the wines division. Guess you know where the "from Sonoma" part comes from. I had been there for almost 18 years and I was lucky to walk away with lifetime medical benefits. The only way I could, other than years of saving and inherating some money. That ass just reminds me why I chose to leave the workforce and makes me worry for my future. I just hope the regular working man/woman figures this out.

    To leave out the military and then come up with yet another excuse? I can't believe it, but then how can you believe a word out of his mouth? Thank you for your service, as I thank every other person that has served. We would not be where we are today, disregarding what R would say, without you!

    Cindy from Sonoma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy,

      I was lucky when I was in the service (Army, 1960-1963). I had it easy and wasn't in harm's way. Both of my brothers served in Germany but they weren't in harm's way either. However, many men and women who were and are in the service are in harm's way. Thousands have lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan. Thousands have permanent lifetime injuries. For Romney not to even mention their sacrifice in his acceptance speech is unforgivable. It just goes to show what an unfeeling, phony, soulless, selfish man he really is. I don't care how many times he trots out is "perfect family", to me he is beneath contempt.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. I too find it astounding none of his sons went into the military
    I find it even more astounding the GOP isn't ashamed of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      I do too. For someone whose family has benefited so much by the American Dream, would it have been that much of a sacrifice to have at lease one of the sons volunteer his time in the defense of our country? Romney brags about the charity work he does for his church but what about giving something back to our country. I too find it astounding that the so called "patriotic party" (GOP) isn't ashamed of this fact. Then there was the fact that Romney was the first presidential candidate since 1952 not to give a mention about our men and women in war. He says he spoke at the American Legion the day before the convention. Lame. If Romney is elected I am the one who will be ashamed that so many of my fellow citizens would elect a fraud like him.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. I'm wondering how many misguided people out there who have lost sons and daughters in the war or who have them return damaged physically and mentally, support Romney? And the war on women? Anne Romney appears to be the role model with all her struggles(?) Sadly, many women are buying into this. All of this smells of Karl Roe. He know that lies are bought and believed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,

      You are right, "All of this smells of Karl Rove. He knows that lies are bought and believed." There are many Low Information Voters out there who will believe what they want to believe. Karl Rove's genius is that he figured this out years ago. He knows all he has to do is to perpetuate the Big Lie with enough ads and enough people will believe, even those who will vote against their own interests.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. rich white people never send their kids off to die. they buy their kids service off some other way. been going on since vietnam. sux! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      Since the Civil War!

      Ron

      Delete