Thursday, September 06, 2012

Bill Clinton Speech Was Epic

Former President Bill Clinton

Last night at the Democratic National Convention Bill Clinton gave a historic speech.

I was never a big Bill Clinton fan after he threw gays like me under the bus by signing the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and "Defense of Marriage Act" acts.  But I have to admit that he gave perhaps the best political speech I've seen so far this year.  With a smile and good humor he addressed and dissembled all the exaggerations, distortions and outright lies that the Republicans and Romney and Ryan are inundating the country will millions of dollars of ads purchased by their far right wing supporters.

I have to hand it to Bubba, he did good last night.  Made me proud to be an American.

Below is former president Bill Clinton's speech.  It's long but it's worth it!


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:27 PM

    I absolutely thought it was perfect and I was glued to every word! Looking forward to the "big speech" tonight while I watch the earlier ones.

    Cindy from Sonoma

    Let the right man win this race!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy,

      I'm waiting for Joe Biden's speech as I type this. I know it will be another barn burner. This Democratic Convention is the best ever! I'm glad the Democrats gave proper recognition to veterans tonight unlike Romney who didn't even deign to mention them in his acceptance speech, thus proving he just doesn't get it and it out of touch.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. Anonymous3:25 PM

      Ron,

      I hope you enjoyed the speeches as much as I did last night, perhaps I disturbed my three cats sleep with many loud vocal remarks and clapping. They don't seem to like that when they are trying to sleep. I am a very proud democrat!

      Cindy

      Delete
    3. Cindy,

      Don't you JUST LOVE a fired up speaker, especially when they speak THE TRUTH!

      Love this year's DNC!

      Ron

      Delete
  2. The speakers at the DNC have been some of the best, most fired up I've ever seen.
    Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob,

      I sure do like a fired up speaker, especially when they tell it like it is. I agree with you, this year's DNC speakers were PERFECTION!

      Ron

      Delete