Sunday, September 30, 2012

Weekly Roundup



Another busy week folks!

Sunday I traveled to Lionville, Pennsylvania for my 53rd high school class reunion which was held at the Chicago Bar and Grill.  I'm one of those class members who likes to go to the class reunions.  Actually, I only like to go to my high school class reunion because I know everybody.   I don't go to my college class reunion because I wouldn't know a soul there.  I went to night school at Peirce College in Philadelphia on the G.I. Bill for three nights a week for four years.  My fellow class members were just a blur to me.  But my former high school class members, we're all friends and keep in touch over the years.

The Downingtown High School Class of 1959 - 53 years later Sept. 23, 2012
This year I asked my friend and fellow blogger Mark of "Our Simple Lives" to take photos for me.  I asked him at the last minute almost.  Fortunately Mark obliged and took some great photos which I am now sharing with my classmates and will post on future blogs.

Jean Timmerman and Ron Tipton - I always sat behind Jean in class back in those alphabetical class seating days.  
Notice that we're color coordinated.  No, we didn't call each other the night before the reunion to check.
Jean - 1959 graduation photo
Ron - 1959 graduation photo
I really enjoyed seeing all of my OLD classmates and am looking forward to next year's reunion.

Monday morning I had an early dental appointment (7:30 am).  I got my teeth (and partial dentures) cleaned and came out clean without any new cavities.  There's no room left for cavities in my mouth!

Wednesday I had the big stress test.  THAT took about three hours.  I don't want to go through another one of those anytime soon.  They don't call it a STRESS TEST for nothing.  My electrocardiogram indicates an extra "blip", that is why I've been undergoing a series of heart test the past few weeks.  While I was on the treadmill the doctor said the "blip" disappeared.  However I am still getting those little whiffs of highs (lightheadedness) all day long. I think that has something to do with the "blips."  We'll see, my appointment with my cardiologist is next week and he will go over the findings with me. Funs time folks!.  Maybe this old body is slowing down.  Do you think?

I'm working Mondays and Tuesdays at the hotel.  My new days work out fine.  I feel like I have a longer week by having the rest of the week off.  Previously I worked Wednesdays and Thursdays.  I felt like I had a shortened week.  These days work better for me too because all my appointments and other activities seem to occur later in the week.  The only downside to my new days is that I don't make as many reservations because the beginning of the week is usually considered the slow time in the hotel business.

Bill and I had a little issue with the car.  He can't help himself, he's an inveterate backseat driver.  We now have a New Rule.  Whenever we go someplace together, he will drive.  We were hoping to buy our friend's car but that doesn't look like that's going to happen in our lifetime.  This is the friend who has dementia and his partner can't make a decision.  The hubcaps on his car already has spider webs.  I guess then mold appears on the car they'll be ready to sell.  It's just as well.  We don't have room to store another car anyway.

Downingtown High School - many fond memories




8 comments:

  1. have a great new week; generate more tipton-bits to write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      Every week is an adventure in this boy's life. Never a dull moment. Sometimes I wish there were.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. You certainly did have a busy week! It's great that you made it to your high school reunion. I've only been to two of mine, but I'm still in touch with several high school friends and one of my teachers (he's STILL teaching at the same school after over 45 years!).

    Glad you survived the Stress Test. I've had one of those tests long ago and wouldn't want to endure another!

    Thanks for your comments on my blog. Just for the record - I'm a Sagittarius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,

      It's easy to leave comments on your blog because all your postings are interesting. You're one of the few bloggers that I know who consistently posts interesting blogs. It's not so much what you're talking about but the way you say it. It's from your heart and totally honest. By the way, our horoscopes are compatible, whatever that means. Ironically, I'm not compatible with other Scorpios. Invariable when I met someone new and we don't click I ask them what their sign is and it almost always is Scorpio!

      Ron

      Delete
  3. 1959 Tipton photo - WOOF! Weren't you just the dreamboat?!? (still are of course but in a more mature, sophisticated way)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harper's Keeper,

      You just made me laugh. If you only knew how I felt about myself when I was 16 years old when that picture was taken. I thought I was the biggest dork in the world. Well, maybe I was. :) Thanks for your kind comment.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. I like best your reunion shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      I thought you would like that shirt. It's my "Aqua Cadillac Fifties" shirt.

      Ron

      Delete