Thursday, July 05, 2012

Russell "Rusty" Edward Henman

Russell Edward "Rusty" Henman
June 16, 1978 - July 1, 2012


Still in a bit in shock over the death of Russell "Rusty" Henman, a man I met only once but felt an immediate connection with.  Many times when someone dies, the accolades pour in about what a wonderful person the deceased was.  Haven't we all wondered at times at how true were all those wonderful statements?  Well, I can say for certainty, even though I only met Russ once (but followed his Facebook account ever since our meeting in October of 2009), that this man was one of those rare individuals that brought a smile to everyone's face.  They say the "good die young."  Russ was one of the good ones.

Here is my Find a Grave memorial tribute to this man.  I know Russ is in Heaven right now bringing smiles to the angels' faces.  Rest in peace big guy.

8 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly2:32 PM

    such a shame; too damn young! nice tribute, ron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      You would have loved Rusty. I'm sorry I never had a chance to introduce you to him.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. This has really has hit me hard. Thanks for this wonderful post. Russ was the nicest guy ever. He just seem to find the fun in everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TGD,

      I didn't know Rusty well but I felt like I did. You're right, he was one of those rare individuals who found fun in everything. He didn't deserve to die the way he did. I think that's what bothers me the most.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Rusty certainly was a very kind, generous, optimistic, content person. He was a good friend who will be terribly missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark,

      I only met Russ once (he introduced himself to me as "Russ" so that is the only way I knew him). I knew immediately he was genuine. What a shame.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. Diane OC MD9:12 AM

    I met Rusty in 1993, we worked at Home Bank where he was in the loan department and I was a teller. He was such a nice person! We remained friends
    over all these years and the last time I saw him was at a friends 50th Birthday party. I remember many things about him, but mostly his positive outlook and friend to everyone personality. It has been 5 months since he passed and I still can't believe he is gone. Christmas was his holiday, he loved decorating, his tree was always beautiful! I miss him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane,
      Thank you for your comment. I only met Rusty once, we were both waiting for the bus out of Rehoboth which was taking a group of us to Washington D.C. for an Equality March. Here was this big guy who I didn't know but so open and friendly that I liked him immediately. I "friended" him on Facebook and followed his postings, always smiling at his joy for life. I felt like I lost a long time friend when I saw that he died. All I could think was "The good do die young." Ironically, as the Christmas season approached I was thinking about him again. Thank you for sharing your memory Rusty with me.

      Have a wonderful Christmas.

      Ron

      Delete