Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Azure Sky




As the sun set on another day, the view from the cornfield adjoining my backyard showed an azure sky. Since I returned from my visit to my Mom in Pennsylvania, it has been a hectic few days. While I like to make daily entries to this blog, it has been difficult to say the least. The first problem was with my HP Photosmart All-In-One printer, scanner, copier. I wanted to scan the picture of me with my Mom taken in 1949. This was the picture featured in my previous blog. I tried to scan the picture, nothing. I called the help line of HP. That was a mistake. I obviously got someone from Mumbai, India. I couldn't understand her, and she couldn't understand me. After 35 minutes, and a rapidly developing headache on my part, I terminated the conversation. I put a call into My Computer Guy. This was Monday. He said he could come over yesterday, which he did first thing in the morning. Well, the problem was more serious than we thought. Registry problems again. He spent the morning here fixing the problem. I scanned the picture. Posted the picture to my blog entry and then I retreated to my backyard to check on the progress of the Determined Sparrows (coming along fine thank you - ready to pop their nest) and the baby bluebirds (coming along more slowly but coming along nonetheless). This morning Bill and I decide to go down to Loew's to purchase additional deck furniture. We found out that the two chairs we have just don't accommodate the frequent guests we have visiting us on our deck. Well, as is usual, we had problem finding even a salesperson to help us purchase the deck chairs. The morning was shot. I was shot. I came back, had lunch then took a nap. About 2:30 Bill is banging on my door. He said the Inn was calling. WHAT? Am I supposed to be on today? OH NO! Another Senior Moment! I was supposed to go to a training session 2 PM to 3 PM. Quickly, I picked up the phone and called Mike (my manager) and told him I would be right away. No excuses this time. Of course I am now officially an Old Codger who FORGETS. Once is bad enough, but now TWICE. Nothing was said about my forgetfulness. No teasing this time. Uh oh. Oh well. Returning home, Bill had assembled the chairs. Neither one of them works. The one doesn't swivel and the other, he can't even put on its pedestal. Okay. A $325 purchase and neither one of them works. Back to Loew's tomorrow. Looks like I'll be a day late in my blog posting again. I'm also scheduled to work tomorrow afternoon. I hope I remember that. This is Wednesday night and I did remember I was to meet my friends Bob C. and Harvey at Zorba's for dinner. Priorities. After dinner I returned home and was greeted by the beautiful azure sky pictured in this blog. Thus another day ends. All is peaceful here in my little patch of land east of Route 1 in Sussex County, Delaware with the Milton address. I'm going to bed now.

2 comments:

  1. Like the music & entry. I read about how your dad was so good in the garden; the 6 rows of corn each of you boys had to pick, and that memories of your dad and 'corn' went hand-in-hand.

    Pretty pix. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane,

    You are very perceptive. Fields of rustling corn and my Dad's love of vegetable gardening will be forever associated in my memories of my youth. Thank you for noticing.

    ReplyDelete