Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Peaceful End to a Peaceful Day



The road off of Route One leads into my development is Oyster Rocks Road. The first left off of Oyster Rocks Road is Whitehall Drive. My house is located on the left, just before the curve to the cul de sac. If you do not make a left but continue directly on Oyster Rocks Road, it will dead end into wetlands which is bordered by a canal. Past the canal are more wetlands then the Delaware Bay. This is another unexpected treasure that I discovered after I moved into this Ryan Homes development called Covington Chase. I love sunsets. That was perhaps the deciding factor for me in in buying the lot where I built my house. Prior to moving to Delaware, I lived in a house located in the middle of 7 acres of a wooded hillside in East Brandywine Township, Pennsylvania. As much as I loved the woods, after twenty-five years it was time for me to move to a location where I could see a sunset unencumbered by trees and hills. The first time I saw this lot was at the end of the day as the sun was setting. The beautiful sunset that evening sold the property to me. After moving in, I decided to see where Oyster Rocks Road ended. An interesting fact about the Delmarva peninsula, where I live, is that if you drive far enough east you end up in water and drive far enough west you will also hit water. I have water on both sides of me. I've always wanted to live near the water and in a house where I could view the setting sun. I feel very fortunate that I have accomplished that goal. This evening I drove the two miles down Oyster Rocks Road to the canal that snakes through the wetlands to capture today's sunset on my digital camera. The video in this blog is of the sun setting on the wetlands this evening. A lone bird sings its woeful end of the day song. At this time, at this day, and this place there is peace.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
Love the people who treat you right.
Forget about the ones who don't.
Believe everything happens for a reason.
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said life would be easy.
They just promised it would be worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:19 PM

    The "canal" at the end of Oyster Rocks Road is actually the Broadkill River. It runs from the town of Milton and empties out at Roosevelt Inlet in Lewes. Just thought you'd like to know :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I appreciate being corrected. This is new information to me. I am learning. Thanks again. So that's the Broadkill River?

    ReplyDelete