Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Keeping Up


Bill and me at our neighbors' - 52 years of mutual support!


Folks, I wish I could keep up more on my blog posts. I have so much to tell and share. But there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.

For instance, this morning. Bill had a problem with his computer.  He likes his Windows based HP laptop because that is the format he is used to. As regular followers know, I worship at the alter of Apple.  I HATE, and I mean I HATE anything Windows based.  I have no choice at work. But here at home, at 87 years old I'm not going to teach Bill how to use an Apple computer.  Just don't have the time or patience for that.  

So this morning Bill was having a problem accessing his AOL e-mail.  Yes, some of us still have ancient AOL.  He could access his AOL e-mail on his iPad but not his laptop.  I know, I know - "if he's using an iPad why not get him a MacBook Pro."  I'm not going there.  I'm still teaching him how to use his iPad, this after three years.  Bill's brain is wired different than mine, okay?

So anyway, where was I going?  Oh, the whole morning is now shot and I haven't taken my walk yet.  My online Facebook Scrabble boards are behind, I just cleaned the kitchen floor and my bathroom floor (our three other bathrooms - I'll get them some other time).  

It's eleven minutes to 12 PM and I haven't taken my daily walk yet.  I feel a lot better taking my daily walk and can cover quite a distance in a shot amount of time but alas, I still have my fat roll around my middle.  I fear I will have that "life preserver" the rest of my days.  Oh well.

Where does the time go?

Bill, finally using his iPhone and I removed our landline



6 comments:

  1. Ron - glad you were able to help Bill. I'm sure he really appreciates your abilities at this kind of thing. And I think he's really good using electronics - so many people far less than his age wouldn't even endeavour to relate to and use them I always enjoy the articles and jokes I receive from him via email. Those bathrooms can wait a little longer for you. You are a very busy and productive individual - gardening, blogging, hotel work, maintaining a house, cooking. All extremely admirable. And you keep up constantly with US politics and several scrabble boards.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      Busy bear here.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. There is definitely not enough time in a day. I like living alone but it's not easy doing everything myself. I despise Windows, but right now I'm stuck with it.
    And I still have AOL email, but I hate AOL so much that I'm definitely planning to switch soon. AOL is nothing like it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      I have two e-mail accounts. I still keep AOL to handle all my spam. I too despise Windows, so user unfriendly and slowed down with anti-virus protections that it moves like molasses, but Bill hates change and is used to reading his AOL the old way. If it was me I would give away that lap top of his tomorrow. The only thing Windows is good for is Word and Excel. The rest sucks.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. I love my Chrome book, simple, fast and easy to use for web surfing and email. I keep a windows machine at home and a travel machine so I have something that matches what I use at the office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do your Scrabble-mates ever force you to forfeit when you are behind?

    ReplyDelete