Saturday, April 16, 2016

"It's a Disgrace"

American Legion Post 28, Millsboro, DE


Remember when the blog I posted about the theft of $641,000 in American Legion funds?  

I wrote a letter to the local newspaper stating my feeling about this disgraceful act to our local newspaper. My letter was published and I was also quoted in an article about the theft.  

I'm still in shock as to how this could have happened. Where was the leadership of the American Legion Post 28?  No financial oversight for three years? This is just incredible malfeasance on the part of the officers of this American Legion chapter.  And to think I was going to leave them money in my will.  Just one more example of you who can you trust today?

Click the link below to read the article.

http://capegazette.villagesoup.com/p/american-legion-member-its-a-disgrace/1509432


6 comments:

nitewrit said...

Ron,

When will they be coming after you with that tank!

Lar

Ur-spo said...

a horrible event, indeed.

Travel said...

The bureaucracy in my office can be frustrating, but I never worry about someone dipping into the accounts - too many layers of oversight.

Ron said...

Dr. Spo,
I am still shocked at this betrayal of veterans by fellow veterans. How can I ever trust this American Legion post ever again?
Ron

Ron said...

Lar,
Oh for sure some, especially those who knew what was going on, will be pissed at me. So be it. I said what has to be said.
Ron

Ron said...

David,
The commander admitted that for three years there was NO oversight. Inexcusable!
Ron

My World Is Shrinking

  Me at eleven years old without a worry in the world. Year 1953.  My world has been shrinking this past year. Yesterday I woke up with a mi...