Friday, April 29, 2016

I'm No Singer



Good morning folks!  I bet you didn't know I could sing.  Hey, I didn't either!

Yesterday I posted a sad story from my past. I have written about my relationship with "Brad" before.  Brad is gone now.  I felt like I had to bring "closure" to that chapter of my life.  I survived and for that will be forever (as long as I live) thankful. 
All of my friends featured in the movie that I posted, are also gone now.  With the exception of one friend, all of AIDS related causes.  My other friend died of Parkinson's Disease. I alone survive.  I don't know why, and I certainly don't have Survivor's Guilt, but I do know that this is the best time of my life.

This too I have written about before but it is worth repeating again.  

Here is what I have to be thankful for:


  • I live in a nice home and a great location
  • I have a happy and contented long term relationship (married now) with Bill, my spouse. Fifty two years this summer!
  • I have a good job
  • I have good health (for a 74 year old anyway, arthritis is creeping up
  • I have all the "toys" I ever wanted (mostly Apple "toys")
  • I have several really good friends (you know who you are Larry, Bill P., Don McK. and especially Pat F.)
  • I have time to enjoy what I really want to do in my life like genealogy research, gardening, taking photos, blogging, reading, and just enjoying life like getting up in the morning when I want too and taking a nap every afternoon
Perhaps most of all, for the first time in my life I have a friend who has similar interests like I do.  A friend who isn't married to someone else, who can afford to travel with me, who is good company, who laughs easily, and who is a good soul.  It took a long time but I found him. 

On this post I dug into my photo and video archives to bring out a video we took back in January of 2015 during our visit to Hollywood, California.  I have so many videos and photos I have yet to post from our first adventure in La La Land. I intend to post more of these "Ron and Pat Shows" from our various adventures. By the way, Pat is coming down this week for a week in Delaware and Philadelphia.  More "Ron and Pat Show" videos on the way!

Have a great day everyone!!!!!









14 comments:

  1. Ron,

    You sound like an Elverly Brother? Must be Rufus cause it sure isn't Don or Phil.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,
      All I need is a little polishing Lar (smile).
      Ron

      Delete
  2. You sound great, Ron!! You finding Pat gives me hope that someday I will find Mr. Right. Most guys only want one thing, but I am getting to a point in my life where I need more than a fling. You actually got lucky twice!! You have both Bill and Pat. One day my ship will come in. Hopefully it has a dreamy Captain on it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James,
      I never gave up hope. Never. I always knew I would meet someone like Pat. And how fortunate at this time in my life, for both of us. Pat is a wonderful friend at this time of my life. I'm having more fun now than I ever had any right to expect. Every day is a truly a gift. And to think non of this would not have been possible without the Internet and my blog. Who knew?
      Ron

      Delete
  3. What a cute duo you and Pat make! I also forgot to mention that I really liked the video tribute to Brad.
    It's wonderful to sit back and savor the good things that we have now - - and to be amazed that we survived all the chaos and crap of the past. Have a great weekend, Ron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      I think Pat and I make a good team. We're so much alike. It's nice to have a friend who has similar interests, is easy going, talented and doesn't judge me. We call our videos "The Ron and Pat Show." Granted, not too original but we have fun and after all, isn't that what life is about?
      Thanks for your compliment on the video tribute I made about Brad. I too am amazed that we survived all that "chaos and crap of the past." Tell me about it.
      Rainy and overcast here this week Jon but Pat is coming down Sunday for week. More "Ron and Pat" shows!
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You are quite welcome!
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Those are very good things for which to be thankful, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      It is the small things in life that I am most thankful for. One cannot put a price on a good friend who understands and accepts you as you are, warts and all.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. I hear two angels singing! Tell you what how about Pat plays guitar and you sing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy,
      You are very kind and generous. Thank you very much.
      Ron

      Delete
  7. I can see you having a blast at karaoke....... Hey wait a minute today's the 9th I'm missing some Ron posts! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger,
      I've been away but I'm back now. So much to do in "retirement."
      Ron

      Delete