Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Election Over!



Alas, the Dems lost yesterday.  Really no surprise since so many of them were feckless enough to run away from President Obama. Case in point, Alison Lundergan Grimes who refused to say who she voted for president in 2008 and 2012 (she voted for Obama). 

The Rethuglicans were smart, they didn't run any nut job candidates like they did the last election cycle.  Karl Rove and Co. have learned their lesson.  Put the pretty, non-threatening, non-whacko candidates like Joanie Ernst of Iowa and Scott Walker of Wisconsin out there and the Great Uninformed Scared Electorate will vote for them.  

The one bright spot in yesterday's election was that  Pennsylvania governor Tom Corbett was beaten like a red-headed country cousin by his Democratic challenger Tom Wolf. Also, carpet bagger Scott Brown lost his bid to become the senator from New Hampshire.

I'm  done with politics for a while.  I'm taking a break.  I didn't even watch the coverage last night on MSNBC nor this morning on "Morning Joe."  The last thing I want to hear this morning is that pompous and vacuous Joe Scarborough droning on with his pontifications about how the GOP is going to take over the country.  Whatever Joe.

Not a good day for me folks.  I think I'll go out and buy me something. Something I don't need but nonetheless, it assuages the pain and disappointment of yesterday's election results.






10 comments:

  1. One consolation, once the middle-class is completely dismantled, a big hunk of the GOP constituency will go down the tubes along with everyone else.

    As I tell my conservative, Rand-reading friend, "You are *not* one of them, as much as you would like to believe you are...you is poor white trash, just like me!"

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy,
      Of for sure the GOP will get busy now trying to dismantle the social programs and channel the money that supported those programs back into the already over flowing coffers of their corporate masters. What always amazes me is how the GOP is always able to scare so many into voting against their own interests which they did again this time with the Obama Scare. Eight years of the Bush-Cheney Reign of Terror almost drove this country into a ditch, let's see if the GOP controlled Congress can pick up where Bush-Cheney left off before they were so rudely interrupted with the election of a Democratic president.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. A quiet indulgence in retail therapy, I haven't done that in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      I used to do it all the time. Not so much lately but I felt the need this time. It worked!
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Ron,
    With great regret I announce to you and the world that as of right now, on this day, our lives as we know them will forever change. Now that the republi-clowns have taken over what was left of the middle class will disappear and we will now be known as the upper lower class. The repbuli-clowns will now get the opportunity to suck out what little life we have left. Mc Connell and Cruze and the likes have been chomping at the bit to do damage and they now have the opportunity. It will be done at the expense of those who voted for them as well as those who didn't. I am proud to say I, like you, voted straight democratic. I'll go down with the rest but with a clear conscience and no regrets. Oh yes, and with no money left to support the disaster that is coming, namely the economy.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack,
      I agree with everything you say. What a sad time for our country. I blame this situation more on those who were jut too lazy to get out and vote than I do on GOP voter repression, which of course was very successful in this go 'round of elections. Today's GOP only exists to do the biding of their corporate masters.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. I'm with you, Ron. Glad it's over, disappointed it turned out as it did.

    You might find this interesting: Corbett's loss was partially attributed to Penn State alumnae and PSU's treatment of Paterno. I can't decide whether to laugh or cry! HAHAHAHAHA

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      Corbett's term as governor of Pennsylvania was awful. What a terrible man. He had "the look" of a governor (the type that the GOP power-that be run) but he was so out of touch.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Ron - for a different reason I went out and bought myself a sweater. What did you buy?

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      I bought an enamel pot to cook beef stew. All these years I've been meaning to get a proper pot to cook stew in, now I've finally done it. The old stainless steel pot just won't do anymore.
      Ron

      Delete