Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014



Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Tomorrow is the day.  As usual, I'll be working at the hotel (from 3 PM to 11 PM).  I like working at the hotel during the holidays which I usually do each year.  I have found from past experience the nicest people check in at the hotel during the holidays. 

No disruptive and complaining wedding guests. 

No summertime guests asking "do you have a pool?"  

Just nice people.  Usually the grandparents or other relatives who come to town to visit relatives but can't take the kids 24/7.  I don't blame them.  I couldn't take screaming kids running through the house round the clock.  

My last sit down Thanksgiving dinner was at my friend Bob's house in 2002, twelve years ago (where does the time go?)  Bob and his partner Jim used to have Thanksgiving dinner for all us gay men who had no where else to go.  While the dinner was always chaotic it was nice to get together with the guys and have an old fashion Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings.  And Bob did the turkey (two turkeys because usually the attendance was about to two dozen).  Bob is gone now and Jim lives in an assisted care facility.  That long tradition is ended.  I heard a new Thanksgiving dinner now takes place at the MCC church.  That's good. However, I won't be going.  I wish all those attending a wonderful time of fellowship and a hearty meal. 


Thanksgiving at Bob's - November 25, 2002
This year my Thanksgiving "dinner" will be my usual meal when working at the hotel, a package of Lance Nekot cookies.



Hey, don't knock them.  They're good plus they satisfy my hunger.  Besides, it's not important what I eat on Thanksgiving, what is important that I am thankful for my lot in life.  

To everyone have a very happy Thanksgiving.







15 comments:

  1. Ron,

    And I thank you for working on Thanksgiving and allowing others to be home with their families. By the way, I have a picture of you at a sit down Thanksgiving dinner at Bill B's in 2003, so maybe 2002 wasn't your last sit down.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,
      You're right! I stand corrected.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Ron! I will be alone for the meal this year, for the first time in decades, but that's OK. I, too, have lots to be thankful for.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Jay.

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Bill, Pat and your followers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Nadege.

      Delete
  4. Have a nice week-end, Ron, one to look back on with warmth and pleasure, like the very best of those up to now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      I am thankful for every day that I am alive and not in pain or want. Have a great day and weekend and year!
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Quite sensible of families to put relatives up in hotel for the peace and quiet!
    They are fortunate too have you at the helm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      Yes indeed, those guests were very fortunate to have moi at the hotel last night!
      Ron

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the Jacquie Thanksgiving card, and am hoping that you are having a quiet evening at the hotel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      You are quite welcome! The hotel was almost full last night (good for business) but I was kept busy supplying extra pillows for the kiddies and answering questions as to where the best place to eat. Everyone was nice though, as they usually are during the holidays. I hope you had a pleasant Thanksgiving.
      Ron

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thankful for having you in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The feeling is mutual Dr. Spo. You are one of the great pleasures in my life. Always so kind and understanding,in spite of my many and numerous flaws. Never judgmental, always supportive. Thank you.
      Ron

      Delete