Thursday, February 06, 2014

Hijacked!

"Jim Roberts?"  Looks like "Ron Tipton" to me or else I have an identical double


Well folks, I guess I should be flattered.  I found out yesterday that someone on Facebook has hijacked my likeness (photo) and put it as their Facebook profile picture.

Now I'm the first to admit I'm no great beauty but some do find my likeness attractive.  I like compliments as much as anyone else but I do have to admit I'm always a bit embarrassed when on the receiving end of a compliment.  I'm happy with the way I look (wouldn't want to look any other way) but I don't need reinforcement.  I know I come from a good gene pool, both my parents were attractive.  I have two younger brothers who are pretty easy on the eyes too.  Some may think I'm a little full of myself and perhaps conceited.  Think what you want folks but I'm just being honest.  I'm glad I'm not a troll.  For instance, I'm SOOOO GLAD I don't look like Bill Gates or Chris Christy.  Are you kidding?  Given the choice of having their money and looking like them, or being the poor church mouse that I am…..I'll take me any day.  That's just healthy folks.

Mentioning "healthy", this "Jim Roberts" who hijacked my likeness has put it on his "health" website.  Again, another reason I should be flattered.  In fact, I am flattered.




"Health/Beauty" - that's me folks!

But the best part of this hijacking is that this "Jim Roberts" says he is 52 years old.  Folks, I'm 72 years old!  And that's not a younger photo of me either.  That photo was taken last summer when I was 71 years old.  Folks, this "Jim Roberts" is using a photo of a 71 year old man for his 52 years health and beauty Facebook profile.  This HAS TO BE A SCAM.  




Tell me folks, what am I missing here?

19 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:36 AM

    Oh my! That would kinda freak me out a little bit! But flatter too! Well, Ron, you don't look your age and you are very attractive. But then again I have always had a thing for hot, older guys. Still a strange thing to have a pic stolen. You could report it to FB. But it is a compliment... I take any I can get!!!
    Your friend,
    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James,
      An interesting fact, when I was young and first on the gay scene, I wouldn't even consider dating (tricking) with anyone over 30. Seriously. I felt sorry to the "old guys" of 40. I couldn't even imagine a gay guy who would even want to live past 50. Impossible. My, how times have changed. I'm all into older men now. Fit older men that is, not the ones who let themselves go. I have ZERO interest in anyone under the age 30. Interesting how one's perspective changes as we get older. I am SO glad I'm not one of those older gay men who are hung up on youth. I like my men seasoned.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. James,
    Thanks for your very generous compliments! Even though I am flattered that my photo is being used like a model (who ever thought I would be a "model"?), I still feel slightly violated. Strange feeling.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. PLEASE DO report this to facebook. crush this hacker like a cockroach!

    but yes, you are cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,
      I reported it to Facebook this morning. They don't make it easy though. Had to jump through several hoops before I could find where to report it. I doubt if anything will be done though. In fact, I'll be very surprised is anything is done.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Have FB delete it if you are uncomfortable. At least it wasn't on a site like Growler :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger,
      I reported it to Facebook this morning. I don't want someone else to use my likeness for anything. I can get in enough trouble all on my own thank you.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Anonymous5:04 PM

    Report it to Facebook. It sets a dangerous precedent.
    SR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SR,
      I've reported it to Facebook this morning. I'm not holding my breath though.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. I think you are right and it is a scam. Are you going to report it to Facebook? (I haven't been on Facebook for 2 weeks and I feel very liberated).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,
      I reported it to Facebook this morning. It's a scam alright, a very sophisticated scam but one nonetheless. I don't go on Facebook that often but I like to stay there to see what my relatives are doing, the ones who have put some distance between me and them because I'm openly gay and they're not comfortable with that. Might have to explain their gay cousin at church you know.
      Ron

      Delete
  7. Ron, now that I've seen photos of you both, I think you're a lot better-looking than Jim Roberts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geo.,
      Why thank you George! I would like to think so. :)
      Ron

      Delete
  8. I don't think you want your likeness used by others in this manner. It's one thing to post a pic and say "this guy looks like he's 52!" and quite another to represent the likeness as himself. I think you ought to report it to Facebook (not that they care), but at least you can also post on the page and say "THIS ISN'T WHO HE SAYS HE IS!!! LOOK OUT PEOPLE!!!" He'll delete it and you can post it over and over again until he finds someone else's identity to steal.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      I reported it to Facebook this morning but as you say, I don't think they care. It's not a function that they can make money off of. I did post it on my Facebook page informing my Facebook friends of this scam, which I am convinced that this is one.
      Ron

      Delete
  9. I couldn't find it. Too many Jim Roberts. I was going to go "WOW! You look EXACTLY like a 72-year-old friend of mine in DE! In fact, that IS my friend! Why are you using it for a profile picture? Health & Beauty? You must be really ugly if you have to steal a picture from someone else to use for YOUR profile pic!" Send me the URL if you want me to do it!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      You have to know they are really ugly if they have to steal someone else's picture for their profile picture, especially my grizzled visage.
      Ron

      Delete
  10. Ron

    You're the first one I personally know that anything like this has happened to. But that photo of you - well, you do look like a guru for good health. That pic would attract a lot of readers!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. some villain in the middle east hijacked my photo too. it is both flattering and frustrating.

    ReplyDelete