Friday, February 28, 2014

Random Thoughts

What goes through this man's head?

Time for a gathering of random thought wafting through my brain.

Last night I finished training my fifth person for the part-time front desk job.  Like my previous hotel front desk position at the Hampton Inn, I seem to be the designated trainer for the revolving door of front desk clerks.  I hope this guy lasts more than a year.  I've been at the hotel seven years this April.  I've never been one of those "turnover" guys who gets a job and leaves after six months.  There, I got that off my chest.




Where does one get a good falafel in Rehoboth Beach?  One doesn't.  My friend Pat is a vegan.  He's gotten me on the vegan bandwagon.  I have a taste for falafels but there is none to be had in Gayberry.  More's the loss.  We have the seafood (oh do we have the seafood) restaurants but nary a vegan restaurant with a good falafel.  


Falafel

I gave my useless Dell computer away.  It was perfectly good but I'm done with Windows based computers.  Mr. Softee will have to get his millions elsewhere, he's not getting any more money from me and his virus protection hindered operating systems.

Mr. Softee, major fugly - why is this old man still wearing bangs?  College is over Bill.


 However, on my Dell computer were videos I took of my Mom shortly before she died in 2010.  I had forgotten about them.  Here is one clip.  She was living with my younger brother John at his home in Greenville, South Carolina.  She always had this nervous tick with her foot.  It was good to see it again.





 I changed my Facebook profile picture. A former friend and co-worker of mine sent me this message. Seems we're a match! Ah Renee, I do miss those good times I had with my friends and co-workers in Pennsylvania. We used to do trivia night every Wednesday at the Brickside Grille. No such activity down here in Gayberry. More's the loss.

This relentless cold winter is finally starting to get to me. Spring, where dost thou art?  Whoops!  Did I inadvertently begin talking "holy" language?  Not really, it's just Elizabethan English which was used by the King James version of the Bible.  Lot of folks think that's "holy" language.  Not so folks. 



Well, I hear dinner calling folks.  That would be me.  I always make my own dinner unless I'm dining out.  Tonight tis an Andoullie sausage on potato hot dog rolls with plenty of mustard. I love me some French's yellow mustard. 


My favorite sausage, the only one that goes down gently

You know who else likes French's Classic Yellow?  Yep, my buddy Pat. Here is is talking to Bill on FaceTime.  And thus folks you have another "classic" all over the place blog posting from your favorite Delaware guy, Ron!


18 comments:

  1. "My favorite sausage, the only one that goes down gently" - bwhahahahaha! ;-b

    there is only 1 mustard, and that is french's. all the rest are crap. except for honey mustard for dipping chicken tenders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,
      Some sausages don't go down as well. And yes, there is only ONE mustard, the original "yellow"….French's. All the rest are wannabes.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:23 PM

      bs..... morehouse brown

      Delete
  2. Hey Ron - if a talent scout saw that little boy picture of you back then you probably would have been drafted to Hollywood. Great random thoughts.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! I accept all compliments.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. I love those sausages. I add them to Zatarain's Jambalya mix. SOOOOO good. I also get Johnsonville Turkey Dogs, and eat them with French's Yellow Mustard, sauerkraut, and sweet pickle relish.

    Cool post! I can't wait to find some seafood in Gayberry!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      Sounds SOOOOOOO good! I love sauerkraut, yellow mustard, Zatarain's (even though rice to bind me up) and Johnsonville Andoullie sausages. Never tried the turkey dogs. Maybe I'll give them a try. I have some good seafood recommendations for you when you're in Gayberry in a couple of weeks. Lots of good seafood places. Unfortunately I'm not a seafood buy nor is Pat. Most everyone else I know is though.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Ron,
    I really like random thoughts, you never really know where you are going to start and where you end up. I agree with Pat, the picture caught my eye right off.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack,
      I just took that picture late this afternoon as I was coming up from the basement. I happened to see the late afternoon light shining on my first grade picture (five years old - 1948) and thought "Now there's a nice banner." Glad you liked it.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. I know you intended this to be just a lightish blog, Ron, but at the risk of being written off as a pedantic old bore (wouldn't be the first time) I'd point out that the word 'wherefore' means 'why', and not 'where', which is what many people think it means. I'll get back into my shell now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Thanks! I think I corrected my grammar with a "dost." Let me know if I got it right this time. And yes, most of my blogs are of the "lightish" genre. No need to burdened my faithful readers with a lot of heavy "stuff." :)
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Hmmmmm. Ron, it's going to be better if I just kept quiet. Let's let things lie. (Retreats again).

      Delete
    3. No problem Ray. It's all good. :)

      Ron

      Delete
  6. How come the clerks don't stay? You aren't scaring them away with your brilliance and Attic wit are you?
    I don't like yellow mustard but it is Mother's Milk to Someone, who applies it liberally to anything he can, clerks aside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      Don't like French's Classic Yellow? Oh my. I love it as does Pat. In fact he got me back on it. And I will apply liberally to anything…….
      Ron

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. We used to love the Camel's Hump in Rehoboth - a long time ago!! It's not there anymore. I know what you mean about a good falafel sandwich. We have an outfit here in Georgia called Keba's Grill and they make a good one - in a sandwich or in a salad. Ok, now I'm hungry. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the Camel's Hump when it was in Rehoboth - we have Keba's Grill here in Athens, GA and they have a good falafel sandwich. Ok, now I am hungry.

    ReplyDelete