Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Barber is Back and Bloggerpalooza Updates

"Give me a No. 2 please!"


My barber is back!  Oh happy day.  She's been out sick for over a month with pneumonia.  When I called yesterday morning I was so happy when she answered the phone.  She was in!

Of such little things that make my life happy these days.  Gail (my barber) knows how to cut my hair.  You ladies out there, you think you're fussy about your hair?  I think we guys are worse.  If I have a bad haircut, I'm not happy.  And believe me if Ron isn't happy, those around Ron aren't going to be happy either.  I don't know what it is with some barbers, cutting my hair lopsided.  Too long on one side and short on the other.  Sometimes I feel I should go the way of some of my bald friends and just get my whole head shaved.  But then I'm not bald.  So why should I do that?


Cubby at last year's Bloggerpalooza with his round the world Spo shirt

Well folks, I'm finalizing the arrangements for the Bloggerpalooza that is less than a month away.  I have bad news and good news.  Which do you want first?  Okay, the bad news:



No Sassy Bear fun this year

Sassy Bear and Jeffrey will not be attending.  Sassy has two surgeries and recovery coming up.  

Someone will not be accompanying Dr. Spo.  


No Someone Magic  either this year 


However, Doug T.  will accompany Dr. Spo.  Good news! 


Two Hot Hunks on the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk

I was very disappointed these three musketeers will not be attending our festivities.  And I had some really super prizes for them too.  Drat.  But we wish Sassy success with his operations and a speedy recovery and as always our best wishes to Someone.  We will miss all of them.


A sad Anne Marie missing three of her boyfriends

Oh, and the GOOD NEWS?  Ann of Old Time Photo is sending her assistant up to take our group picture.  Now Anne Marie, you're taking Sassy's place as the Saloon Girl.  No if's, and's or but's.

What is going on here?

Don't forget, for those of you who imbibe there is a liquor store only a block from the hotel.  I'm bringing some wine for the open bar but for those special mixed drinks, all are welcomed at R & L Liquors.  Also, smoothies will be made at the hospitality suite.


R & L Liqours has a wide selection available, keeping the business local!
Just a few weeks to go folks before the daffodil bloom and Bloggerpalooza II is here.


Superman, Nate and Dr. Spo engage in light banter at Striper Bites 
Anne Marie ascends those steep stairs to the hospitality suite which will again be open this year
"I'm watching you"




18 comments:

  1. Pat

    22 days and counting. I hope you are ordering some really nice weather like you have for your family reunions.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      Perfect weather……guaranteed!
      Ron

      Delete
  2. dammit, I knew about sassy and jeffrey, but NO SOMEONE? blasphemy, I say! but doug is a welcome addition.

    gah, you HAD to put in pix of me to scare everyone away, didn't you? ;-b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,
      Discouraging isn't it Anne Marie? Three of the really fun boyfriends not coming? Oh well, we'll manage anyway to have a great time. Now what do I do with all their prizes?
      Ron

      Delete
    2. send someone's prizes home with spo, and I have sassybear's address so I can send his.

      as for booze, I have the cranberry juice and triple sec for the cosmos. we need vodka and rose's lime juice to make a sassy cosmo!

      Delete
    3. Anne Marie,
      That is exactly what I was going to do, send Someone's prizes home with Dr. Spo although I was hoping to record the expression on his face when he received them. And believe it or not I was going to give you Sassy Bear's prizes too. Great minds think alike!
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Can't wait!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      The countdown begins. Three weeks from tomorrow!
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Ron,
    So when do you go do the group photo?

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be Saturday morning Lar.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. First I've heard of the upcoming absences, Ron - and even at this distance I know I'm going to miss seeing their presences on whatever visual 'evidence' you manage to post. It's sad - but can't be helped, of course. All the more reason for the 2015 occasion to be something EXTRA-special, when all will surely be there - and, with my long overdue and still hoped-for Lottery win transpiring later this year (it's gotta happen!), don't rule me out - yet!

    Btw: Sorry I haven't been much in evidence on your blogs recently. I've been, erm. 'distracted' (nothing serious). Normality is returning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you Ray! Only two weeks now to the 2nd annual Bloggerpalooza.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. And slightly over one year to the 3rd? :-)

      Delete
    3. Ray.

      I don't understand.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. Bloggerpalooza always manages to lift the spirits of all your friends - - even those of us who won't be attending.

    On the subject of barbers - - wow!!! I haven't been to a barber since "Honky Tonk Women" was on the Top Ten list. I always cut my own hair, which is the reason I look like hell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      Go to the barber. (Smile) Ask for a "one". That's what my friend Pat gets. It's basically a Concentration Camp Shave. He's a minimalist which is what I think you are even though you don't realize it. I think you'll find your whole outlook on life will change. Give it a try, you can always grow your hair back. ;)
      Ron

      Ron

      Delete
  7. Does R&L liquor take special orders? I want proper whiskey/bourbon... (fill in the blank here)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      I remember an incident a few years ago when I stopped in a local liquor store and asked for bourbon. They didn't know what it was! I wanted to make bourbon whiskey balls. I finally settled on Jack Daniel's whiskey. Is that the same or a poor cousin?
      Ron

      Delete