Saturday, February 15, 2014

Bloggerpalooza 2014 - One Month Away!




Some of Dr. Spo's "prizes" from last year's Bloggerpalooza

Folks!  Bloggerpalooza 2014 is only one month away.  Yes folks, that's right.  One month from now those attending the second annual Bloggerpalooza will be immersed in gaiety and frivolity at the Inn At Canal Square in Lewes, Delaware.  


Dr. Spo with his "Cha Cha" heels - there will be dancing tonight!

Here is the list of those who have confirmed their attendance (so far):

Those who WILL be attending:


  1. Dr. Spo
  2. Someone
  3. Nate
  4. Cubby
  5. Anne Marie
  6. Todd (Mr. Anne Marie)
  7. Sassy Bear
  8. Jeffrey (Mrs. Sassy Bear)
  9. Jay (of VA)
  10. Randy of Nebraska (new this year)
  11. Java Jones 
  12. Superman (Clint, Jr. Java Jones)
  13. Jack (new this year)
  14. Mark R.
  15. Joe (Mark's spouse)
  16. David G. (new this year)
  17. Ron - ME! (The Instigator)
  18. Pat (from Toronto - new this year)
  19. Larry (new this year)
  20. Lois (Larry's spouse) (new this year)




Java and Mark R.


Those who will definitely NOT be attending:



David J. and Dr. Spo - Big Hug Last year

David J. (Lady Slipper) and his friend
Doug T (Dr. Spo and Someone's friend)


Cubby and Doug


Those who have not confirmed they are coming but haven't said they aren't coming (still waiting for you guys to let me know - we need to know so we can have enough food from the caterer):


Catered by Nage last year


Up in the air:

The Cajun
The Cajun


Mark and Fred



Mark and Fred

Here is the plan this year folks:

Saturday March 15th, 2014:

5 pm to 6 pm - Meet and Greet in the breakfast room at the Inn - open bar (BYOB) with hors d'oeuvres.


Dr. Spo entertains rapt bloggers with tales of his encounter with a vampire pig whilst on his morning walk with Harper

6 pm to 7 pm - buffet dinner by Gary Papp, The Essential Chef of Lewes, Delaware. Our caterer is different this year.


Everybody gets a cheap, gaudy ring bling

7 pm to 8:00 - Welcoming remarks and "prize" presentations - you're all welcome to bring your own prizes for presentations but this is not a requirement - everyone will receive a "prize"


You know who flapping his gums as usual

8 pm until 9:30 (approximately: A comedy hypnotist show by Marshall Manlove - clear out your heads, prepared to be hypnotized and reveal your true personality.  Be prepared to have a GOOD TIME!


Some, Sassy Bear and Dr. Spo





26 comments:

  1. we just might shock the new attendees with our scandalous behavior. too damn bad; get ready to clutch the pearls! ;-b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,
      I thought is was amazing last year how, for meeting in person the first time for all of us, how comfortable we were with each other. We'll do the same with the new attendees
      Ron

      Delete
  2. As much as I would like to make it this year, a multitude of issues with my personal business and health will sideline me this year. I look forward to seeing the many crazy pictures and look forward to reading the stories on everyone's blog and facebook pages... Please enjoy and have a cosmo for me!!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly,
      Sorry you can't make it. You do know that your "prize" now goes by default to Anne Marie don't you? Maybe next year.
      Ron

      Delete
    2. I know she will take good care of it... :)

      Delete
    3. Kelly,
      Maybe she can deliver it to you in person sometime next year.
      Ron

      Delete
    4. dammit! I was hoping kelly and jeff could visit the meetup. I am seriously bummed, dude. :(

      if kelly's prize is a smooch and hug, then than can be arranged. if it's a different kind of prize, then it's MINE! :-b

      Delete
    5. Anne Marie,
      Kelly's prize is a surprise. You will have to deliver it in person.
      Ron

      Delete
    6. Maybe I can substitute...I live a few blocks from Kelly!

      Peace <3
      Jay

      Delete
    7. Jay,
      Yes, you can substitute. I'll give you Kelly's prize.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Colorful shirts should be a requirement as you all looked so cheerful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,
      Those colorful shirts were all hand made by Dr. Spo. Look for more this year.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. I'll definitely bring the camera since Mark and Fred haven't confirmed.
    Can't WAIT!!!
    And for those who like good beer, let's plan on a trip to the brewery Friday morning (or afternoon)!!! They don't take reservations any more so we'll have to just overwhelm them with our presence.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      I understand that the Dogfish Brewery is able to get more people in with this "open" tour protocol they have now. I don't think you and your group will have any problems getting a tour. As you said, just overwhelm them. Also, make plans to go to the Dogfish Brewing and Eats in Rehoboth, just up the street from Dos Locos.
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Maybe we can do breakfast at one and lunch (with BEER) at the other!!! WOOHOO!!!

      Peace <3
      Jay

      Delete
    3. Sounds like a plan Jay!

      Delete
  5. Are there any meals or planned events for those who arrive prior to Sat evening? Last year there was a group lunch at Dos Locos on Sat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to find some folks to tour the brewery on Friday, since I'll be there with Randy from Nebraska Thursday afternoon. So yeah, meals, tours, and while I doubt I can bowl with my bum shoulder, I'd be happy to come help consume mass quantities of beer, which I remember from my bowling days is VERY NECESSARY to make sure those balls roll properly!
      Peace <3
      Jay

      Delete
    2. Jay,
      No doubt you'll be able to round up more than a few fellow attendees to take the Dogfish Brewery Tour.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. Mark,
    Nothing definite, we're playing it by ear. Would like to go to Saketumi, I've heard a lot about it especially from my dermatologist (who is Chinese and NOT a sushi aficionado). Also maybe go bowling with Sassy Bear and Spouse and Pat.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ron, Dogfish Brewery and bowling? Sounds like a plan, although I haven't bowled in ages. But if we do, I take a size 11 shoe. I do hope we can do the olde time photo, there's a photo shoot I wanted to do in the bathtub. Something along the line of Bradley Cooper :-) Tell Anne Marie that I don't have any pearls to clutch, but I do have some red and green Mardi Gras beads. I may give them away for favors. Hey I may be cheap but I'm on special that week! See you in March. Randy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy,
      We'll try to make your trip worth it with plenty of interesting activity. Lots of laughs and good camaraderie with friends.
      Ron

      Delete
  8. Thank you again for arranging this all.
    If Wayne doesn't attend, then I will seek him out to say hello, for I wish to see him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      If Wayne can't come because of his health issue, I can take you to where he lives. He lives right in Rehoboth. I'm sure he would be glad to see you.
      Ron

      Delete
  9. That's a great pic of Doug and me. It's the first time I've seen it. Forgive me, but I must steal it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steal away Larry!
      Ron

      Delete