Friday, November 22, 2013

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That

"Big Red"



Well, today is the 50th anniversary of the murder assassination of John F. Kennedy.  The TV and news media will be inundated with coverage of this generation altering tragedy which so changed the course of history in the United States.  I'm going to bypass the obvious question of the day "Where were you when you heard?" and go on to other topics, albeit trivial compared to what happened fifty years ago today.  I am so tired of hearing about it, aren't you?

This morning I returned my Ninja food processor. My friend Pat introduced me to the healthful and tasteful benefits of smoothies when he visited here a few weeks ago.  I'm hooked!  Earlier in the week I had brought a pretty food processor but I didn't think it processed my frozen berry and yogurt mix efficiently.  So of course I ran right out and brought another strong food processor (shades of Tim Allen on "Tool Time" "more power!")  
Turns out I didn't need the bigger food processor because when I came in last night from work I followed the instructions how to prepare a smoothie on my old food processor.  I followed instructions last night after I returned home from work and it worked!  Thus I had a delicious triple berry smoothie to put me to sleep.

An update on the Bloggerpalooza.  Unfortunately we will not have the use of the hospitality suite for this year's event.  However, we will make do.  Attendees can gather in individual rooms for get togethers, albeit without a kitchen or ice maker for those Cosmos.



Thanksgiving is bearing down upon us.  The stores are already blaring out Christmas music.  Even my local bank had "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" slap me in the face as I walked into their doors (without my hat and sunglasses, doff those please).  Give me a break.

Making a "withdrawal"
I am so glad I don't Christmas shop anymore.  I gave that up years ago.  As far as I know I haven't lost any friends or family members because of my non-Christmas gift giving.  And I certainly don't miss receiving gifts.  I have everything I want or need anyway.  Yes, I'm one of those people the Church Lady talks about "Well, isn't that special?"  

We're all special in our own unique way aren't we?

I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend here at Casa Tipton-Kelly.  Maybe think about putting up some Christmas candles in the windows.  Maybe start addressing my Christmas card (never too early). Maybe a nap.

Have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,

      Now that sounds good! A smoothie spiked with Jim Beam. Beam me up Scottie!

      Ron

      Delete
    2. I just realized that I spelled "assassination" wrong. Am I embarrassed? Hell, yes.

      Delete
    3. Jon,
      I have trouble spelling that word too. Don't feel bad.

      Ron

      Delete
    4. Ron, I have trouble spelling EVERY word and sometimes I look like an idiot. That's why I deleted my comment. Sorry about that!

      Delete
  2. I was in 4th grade; we were sent home early. my mom spent the weekend in front of the small b&w tv.

    have a nice relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,
      I was at work, looking forward to going into Philly (gay bars) that weekend with my friend Ron (yes, another "Ron"). My Mother called me on the phone and told me Kennedy was shot. I couldn't believe it. First thing I thought was "Will this affect my weekend?" Ah, the shallowness of youth.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. Well, needless to say it did. I didn't go into Philly that weekend but instead stayed at home in my efficiency apartment in Coatesville. I was ironing shirts for work Sunday morning when I saw Jack Ruby shoot Oswald. Again, I couldn't believe what I just saw on TV. That weekend I will never forget as long as I live. I actually hate to be reminded of it. I'll be glad when this "anniversary" is over.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. I look like I'm drunk in that picture! (Well, I probably was.)

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,

      One too many cosmos perhaps?

      Ron

      Delete
    2. Long day!

      (Man, the fonts on this page get bigger and bigger! HAHAHAHA Are we getting older and older?)

      Delete
    3. Jay,

      I'm definitely a big font man.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. I am intrigued you have given up Christmas things yet retain christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      I've always liked sending Christmas cards. I've been doing it since I was 12 or 13. Somehow sending Christmas cards seems more personal. The other Christmas accruements seem more commercial. I enjoy the lights and decorations but there are enough of them to let others set them up. For me Christmas cards let others know I'm still alive and kicking and they are still alive too!

      Ron

      Delete