Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Sunday BJ Fix

Well folks, if it's Sunday morning it's time for my "BJ fix".  Yep, BJ's is a wholesale club warehouse retail store.  Now, now.  I bet some of you were thinking of a different meaning for BJ's.  Mind out of the gutter folks, mind out of the gutter. Tsk, tsk.

I remember when we lived in Pennsylvania I used to live shop at Wegman's at the Brandywine Shopping Center.  The BJ's store anchored the other end of the shopping center.  Dick's Sporting Goods store was only a few door before BJ's.  My oh so fussy neighbor complained once that she was highly offended that her children should be exposed to "Dick's" and "BJ's" in one fell swipe every time she took the Little Darlings to Wegman's.  Tough nougies I say.  The choice of names always rather amused me.  Hey, she should be thankful there wasn't a ladies' store called "Pussy Galore".



My, my, we do get hung up on names and their implications don't we?  

Well, not to change the subject but actually I will take a sharp turn here and CHANGE THE SUBJECT - wow was it ever cold this morning.



The thermometer read 25 degrees but with the wind, think Witches Tit Time.  (What is the matter with me today?)  Damn but it was cold unloaded all those items that I didn't need from BJ's into the back of my Subaru Gay Forester.



Talking to my Canadian friend Pat yesterday, he said they were experiencing the cold winds. Usually what he gets in Toronto (his home), we get here a day or two later.  Yesterday was positively balmy as I trimmed our holly trees.  Today?  Not so much.  On days like this I actually summer because I know the really cold stuff is on it's way.  The gray days of winter.  The gray, SHORT days of winter.  God, it gets dark around here at 4:30 in the afternoon.  I'm ready for bed.

So this week is the big countdown to Thanksgiving, which I won't be doing. Then the following four weeks is the commercial craziness that is Christmas here in our western culture.  I don't consider myself a "Bah, humbug" guy but I am glad when the crazy, commercial push is over for Christmas.  I've always enjoyed a nice, quiet Christmas Eve by myself.  


I sometimes think I even channel the true meaning of Christmas which is peace and goodwill towards all men.  How about that?  What a novel idea.  Love one another instead of figuring out ways to cause harm and destroy one another just because someone isn't like you.  Man, am I ever veering off course in this blog posting.  From Pussy Galore and Dick's to love and peace on earth.  That's me, a complicated guy.  A passionate guy.  I was born to love. And after all, all you need is love.

10 comments:

  1. If you Google 'gay thanksgiving' and then click on images, one of your dinner pics is on the first page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I bet some of you were thinking of a different meaning for BJ's." - you KNOW it, honey, because I am 12! :-b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh-huh. Get MY mind out of the gutter?! Riiight. That would require an endloader.

    I am looking forward to seeing family and friends over the next week, then I will disappear until I return to Ohio for the Christmas gathering.

    Maybe I can find a BJ in there somewhere (nah, keep your mind in the gutter, you know what I meant!)

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,

      I am an earthy guy. I don't shy away from sex but rarely dabble in it. However, when I do it is with full hearted (double entendre again). I am a passionate guy and appreciate good humor. I never have nor ever will buy into the our ingrained Puritan inherited hypocrisy that sex is bad and evil. It is not and we are not. Mutual sexual intimacy with a consenting adult is nothing to be ashamed of. Indeed, it is the ultimate act of love. And I'm all for love.


      Ron

      Delete
  4. I think if I was retired and it was winter, I would hibernate: I would sleep lots and stay indoors with books and tea and seldom come out. I never feel seasonal depressed in winter but cozy fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      That is what I did today, sleep a lot. I retired for my nap at 3 pm and didn't come to until dark at 5:30. My bedroom was awash in passive solar energy warmth when I nodded off, with the winds howling outside and 23 degree temps. I love the change of seasons, winter included. "Cozy fine" is a good description. I hope you are able to enjoy retirement soon.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. Ron

    Great visuals. Love it when you are all over the place too. Lovely Christmas tree and I really enjoyed watching All you nee is Love. I'm not a big fan of vaudeville musical accents (if that's what I can say is happening in the song) but it's the song that best represents what the Beatles were (for me). Also, love the Christmas tree and Christmas eve has always been the favourite time of the Christmas season for me. Love the quiet - and anticipation (at least when I was a youngster). Thanks for your entertaining blog.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat,

    The best time of the Christmas season is the "quiet - and the anticipation." Many times when I was an adult I was able to spend Christmas Eve by myself, totally alone. I liked to look out the window into the darkness of the night and up at the sky, to see the stars twinkling in the blue velvet sky. The quiet and the promise is what I loved.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete