Tuesday, November 05, 2013

How to Prepare a "Zinger" Smoothie

This week my friend Pat from Toronto is visiting. My blog posts may be infrequent and short but not to worry, I'm still alive and well and making waves.

Yesterday we visited Pat's recently purchased building lot in Milton.  We also made a trip to Ocean View to view a modernistic house, the type that Pat plans to build.  Unfortunately we couldn't find the house (we're going to try again today) but we did have a good day.  First time I've visited Ocean View.  I rarely venture below Rehoboth Beach, so yesterday was real treat.  I do like to get out and about.

Lujan House - Ocean View, DE


This morning Pat prepared on of his smoothies.  WOW!  This is a way to get the day started.  Now lets see, these are the kick ass ingredients:

apples
carrots
lemons
celery
ginger
cucumber
garlic (five or more to "taste")

We drank the "juice" (a real "kick").  I hated to throw away the pulp that was leftover.  That was all good fiber.  Pat is a vegan so he wouldn't use it the way I would but what I would do is to brown four boneless chicken breasts for about five minutes on each side.  Then I would put the fiber that was left over from the smoothie and cover it with about a cup and a half of white wine and simmer that whole concoction for about half an hour or until the chicken was tender.  Now I'm telling you folks (those non-vegans out there) I can guarantee that entree would be DEE-LICIOUS!

We're off this morning to look for that modernistic house again in Ocean View.  

Oh, by the way, we saw "Gravity" last night at the Midway theater in Lewes.  Fantastic!  I'll have more to comment on that movie later and watching it in 3-D.  

EGADS!


Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy your catch up with Pat. Your smoothie sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,

      That smoothie really was a zinger probably because it had FIVE garlic cloves in it. Funny thing though, no garlic breath. You should try one.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. I like that house design. seems it would let in plenty of light and you could put solar panels on the roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,
      We have the same taste in houses too!

      Ron

      Delete
  3. I LOVE THAT HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I can afford to build one like that when I retire. My smoothies are a lot simpler...1 1/2 banana, 1 cup blueberries, 6 oz. Greek yogurt, 2 cups almond milk, 24 ice cubes. SOOOO good, and no waste.

    Have fun with Pat! I hope he comes to Bloggerpalooza so we can all meet him!!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      Just had another Pat Made Smoothie this morning, blueberry spinach……dee-licious! Your smoothie sounds dee-licious too. "SOOOO good" is a term I often use too.

      Pat is coming to the Bloggerpalooza. You'll like him. He's a sweetheart.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. I agree that there is nothing wrong with smoothies, why not eat the whole vegetable for the fiber and goodies left behind? I get more full eating the whole foods; so I eat less too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      I agree with you about the fiber. I hated to throw it away in the compost pile. The aroma was mouth watering. Next time I'll use it to make smothered chicken in white wine. Fiber is definitely good for the body. Don't throw away that fiber!

      Ron

      Delete