Thursday, November 21, 2013

Bloggerpalooza 2014 Update

Thor Dr. Spo at the Bloggerpalooza 2013

Okay folks, here is the update on the second annual Bloggerpalooza.  


Dr. Spo, me and Someone at last year's Bloggerpalooza - 2013

Bloggerpalooza 2014 is scheduled to take place at the Inn at Canal Square from March 13th, 14th and 15th, 2014. 


Mark and Fred pay their "dues" to Anne Marie for the buffet dinner - 2013

Saturday March 15th, Gary Papp the Essential Chef will cater a meet and greet from 6 pm to 8 pm at the Parkview Room at the Inn.  The cost will be $25 per person. Introductory remarks will be made and "prizes" will be given.  Remember all the fun we had last year with the "prizes."  More fun this year!




If you're traveling from out of town, reservations are available at the Inn at a 20% discount from the regular rack rates.  I chose the early March dates for the Bloggerpalooza because that is before the rates go up (significantly) for Easter.  


Dr. Spo kicks up his Cha Cha heels at last year's Bloggpalooza


Of course it is not a requirement to stay at the Inn to attend the Bloggerpalooza.  You can make reservations at any hotel in the area or stay with friends or just make a day trip.  


Dr. Spo and Someone enters the Hospitality Suite - 2013

Last year's Bloggerpalooza was a great success, much of which had to do with the use of our hospitality suite (The Captain's Quarters Room 118).  Cubby, Nate and Jay of Virginia rented the Captain's Quarters last year and were wonderful hosts.  This year Sean (Sassy Bear) has tentatively rented the suite based on another party sharing the costs.  This is the e-mail that I sent out last night to everyone who I know is planning on attending the Bloggerpalooza this year.


Gathering at the Hospitality Suite last year

Hi folks!
Bloggerpalooza is only four months away!  How time flies.
So far reservations have been made at the hotel for:
Dr. Spo & Someone
Anne Marie & Todd
Sassy Bear and hubby
Randy of Nebraska and Jay of VA
Java and Superman
I am holding the hospitality suite under Sean's name.  However, the cost is too much for one couple to bear.  The normal rental is $525.00 a night plus 12% tax which would total $1,764 for a three night stay.  I was able to get a reduced rate for the hospitality suite for our group to $400.00 a night which, with tax totals to $1.344.00 a night, a savings of $420.00 for the total stay. 

"Make me another Cosmo"
The hospitality suite sleeps six (two bedrooms with full baths and a sofa bed pull out with a half bath).  The following would be the individual cost (including tax) for the three nights of the Bloggerpalooza if shared by multiple individuals:
Three in suite - $448.00 each for the three nights
Four in suite -   $336.00 each for the three nights
Five in suite -    $268.80 each for the three nights
Six in suite   -    $224.00 each for the three nights
Let me know if any of you want to share the cost of the hosptiality suite by staying at the hospitality suite with Sean (Sassy Bear). 
I will be covering the cost of the rental of the Parkview Room where the catered buffet dinner will take place Saturday evening from 6 to 8 at a cost of $25.00 each. 

Libations at the Hospitality Suite last year
If you guys could let  me know soon what you decide because I cannot hold the hospitality suite much longer.  If you decide not to use the hospitality suite we can always get together in someone's room or meet at a local restaurant.  However, the hospitality suite worked so well last year I thought I would bring this option to all of you.  I didn't want to wait until the last moment and have the opportunity to use the suite lost. 
Give me a call at the hotel (I work Wednesdays and Thursdays 3 pm to 11 pm) or send me an e-mail (ronaldtipton@gmail.com) if you have any questions. 
I hope I didn't make this too complicated.  Just trying to get the details worked out before the big blastoff in March.

Ron

I'll post an update if and when I receive information.  One thing is for sure, when friends like we are gather, we will have a grand old time!

Cubby and some cheap floozie  his friend Sassy Bear - 2013 

All are welcome!  You don't have to be a blogger. If you're just following any of our bloggers you're welcome.  Come and make a memory.

Dr. Spo makes a memory for Nate and Cubby



For more on Gary Papp the Essential Chef here is a You Tube video of Gary's cooking skills:

10 comments:

  1. How much are the regular rooms at the Inn, Ron?
    I hope I won't have to sell one of my kids to afford staying there. lol
    The meet and greet is on Saturday but are there any other activities/festivities planned for the 13th, 14th and the day of the 15th?
    Inquiring minds and all that.....

    I'm trying to work up a plan to get down there but might need a roommate since Hubs can't come. Is anyone else flying solo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise,

      You can check our website at Theinnatcanalsquare.com for the rates. Whatever the rates stated, take 20% off them add 12% hotel and service tax. Of course you don't have to stay at the Inn. There are more moderately priced accommodations on Highway One. I think the Econolodge has rooms at $49.00 a night. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on where one works) the Inn is an upscale boutique hotel right in the center of Lewes within delightful walking distance of local eateries and shops. I don't know of anyone else who is flying solo. If I do I'll let you know. Hope to see you there.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. If this is an annual event, I will be able to make it eventually. Just meeting everybody would be such a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,

      As long as the folks want it to be an annual event, I'm willing to arrange it. Hope to see you attend one of these years. I know you would enjoy it.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. gah, time's a-wastin'! move your hinders and make your reservations NOW! I wanna see yo face in da place!

    ron, I just thought of something - a short video with mark's pix from last year? run outta time to finish? just curious, no scolding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      Sorry but no one is renting the suite. We'll have to manage without it. We can do it. I'll get to working on making copies of that video on DVD's this weekend. Thanks for reminding me. Time just got away from me.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. You make an excellent cheer leader and scout master rolled into one !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      I always wanted to be a boy scout.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. Ron

    Looking forward to meeting all the fine folks attending - visiting Lewes, and checking out my lot! All's good.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing you again Pat!

      Ron

      Delete