Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pat Meets His New Neighbors

Pat meets his new neighbors at Sunland Ranch

Pat met his new neighbors yesterday!

Pat brought a wonderful woodlot lot in Milton, Delaware last year.  This is the first time he's been able to meet his new neighbors.  Again, the stars were in alignment.  We had a beautiful day.  

NO SNOW
NO RAIN
NO COLD

And of course as expected Pat was an immediate hit with his new neighbors.

Pat (second from left) with his new neighbors Diane, Margaret, Elaine and Gary (Pat's lot is behind him - soon to be the sight of a fabulous minimalist "hoose" 
After a delightful visit with Pat's new delightful neighbors we headed off for lunch to The Backyard in Milton.  Great lunch!  And as an extra bonus my friends Ted and Don, two of Milton's exemplar citizens,  just happened to saunter in.  I implored them to join us for lunch.  I introduced them to Pat and we all had a grand lunch.

Ted and Don at The Backyard in Milton


After our noonday repast, Pat and I head off to our next adventure, which I forget now.  What a day he had yesterday!  I do remember that we stopped back at the house and Pat visited with Bill for a "wee" bit (I'm picking up Pat's Canadian slang).

Bill and Pat in the sunroom at Casa Tipton-Kelly yesterday
After a very eventful day under sunny skies and 70 degrees temperatures, Pat and I ended the day with our favorite grilled veggie extravaganza at the La Quetzalteca restaurant in Millsboro.  When Pat visits I make sure he doesn't go to bed hungry.  

Pat taking a picture of me taking a picture of him at La Quetzalteca last night
Speaking of food, here is the menu for the Bloggerpalooza buffet on Saturday night.  Looks delicious!

The best is yet to come.



20 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:38 AM

    I REALLY like the rug in your sunroom! Also, Pat's neighbors look like good people. Can't wait to see his minimalist home once it is completed. I like minimalism in theory, but I have trouble living it. Hope you all have fun!
    ~~~ NB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Pat says he is going to change the world....and then the universe

      Delete
  2. Well, that was fer sure a short break from blogging.

    lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,

      Subsequently, I just ending my long break from blogging. I will be back tomorrow, right now I can hardly keep my eyes open.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Good weather, good friends, & good food - - what more could you ask for? I'll be anxious to see Pat's minimalist "hoose".
    Good neighbors seem to be swarming in your neck of the woods. Could you send some of them to me in Texas??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      It was all good. Great weather, wonderful friends and good neighbors. It doesn't get much better than that.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. looks like pat will have some friendly neighbors; good! and saturday's menu sounds dee-lish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,
      Pat is very lucky to have those fine folks as his new neighbors. Neighbors are always the luck of the draw, Pat got very lucky
      Ron

      Delete
  5. This is truly awesome! A new hoose on a woodlot lot (whatever that is). And great neighbors, plus good ol' boys, lotsa Mexican food, and OMG THAT MENU LOOKS WONDERFUL!!!

    Randy H. from Nebraska made it into Richmond ON TIME and we have painted the town gay! Leaving about 10AM tomorrow morning for Berlin, MD via the Chesapeake Bay Bridge & Tunnel for a liquid lunch (thank you, Slugmama, for the idea), then on to Lewes!!!

    I think the torrential rain and gusty winds have subsided.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      I'm glad you and Randy could make it to the reunion. That's a long way to travel for both of you.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. All I need for you to send me is the Maryland Crab Dip with the Crusty Breads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      Everyone loved the crab dip.
      Ron

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Yes! Only hours away.

      Delete
    2. Dr. Spo,
      Wonderful to see you again. You bring life to the party. :)
      Ron

      Delete
  8. Ron - so busy on my visit to you in Dela where I missed your blog. Great to meet those people in my new hood. Really enjoyed meeting your friends Ted and Don. Just getting back to normal now (whatever that is) in toronto. Freezing weather and all.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      Thanks for visiting Delaware. I have a feeling your new neighbors are very happy with you being their new neighbor. Life will be quite a bit different here in Lower Slower Delaware than Toronto but I think you will find it to be much to your liking. Now just to leave this freezing winter weather behind us…..finally.
      Ron

      Delete
  9. Yes, Ron, you did manage to sandwich the Bloggerpalooza in between snow storms! Just THREE more days until Spring! AND IT HAD BETTER ARRIVE ON TIME AND BE HERE TO STAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      I always guarantee PERFECT weather for all my functions!
      Ron

      Delete