Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Snow…..Again?

"It's cold out here baby!"

Are you kidding?  Snow again?  Yes Virginia, we had yet another snow storm here in the semi-tropical coastal plains of southern Delaware.  Holy smokes!


The road I take to work today

Here we go again folks.  Just when I thought the warm temperatures of Spring were about to lay on the land, yet another Blast of Winter.




Yesterday I spent the best part of the day putting together the iMovie of the Bloggerpalooza photos that Mark H. sent me.  See yesterday's blog for that movie.  Lots of work there folks!  Appreciate it.





Today I go back to work.  I'm so glad I didn't have to travel in that blizzard yesterday to go to work.  Been there, done that this year already.  


Ready to back out of the garage again and go to work today, on the ice
We've have some year with snow here in Lower Slower Delaware this.  Prior to the last TWO snowstorm (yep, it seems like every week we have a snow storm of four to eight inches), the local newspaper reported that we already had SEVEN times the normal snowfall for this area.  And here we are, almost in April and we're still having snow storms.  I think this is the last one.  I hope this is the last one.  


Casa Tipton-Kelly early this morning - a regular Winter Wonderland

The rest of this week is going to be pretty busy for me.  Work again tomorrow night then Friday I made an emergency appointment with my dermatologist.  A biopsy that he took off of my right leg near my knee isn't healing properly.  My pant leg keeps rubbing agains the scab, pulling it askew causing me more than a fair amount of pain and inflammation around where he took the biopsy.  Oh the joys of getting old and falling apart piece by piece.  



I'm getting there folks!


Last night I watched two more episodes of "The Good Wife", a program to which I am addicted.  It was so comforting to watch it in the comfort of my bedroom while the cold winds swirled around outside.  


The Good Wife cast - ohhhh sooooo good!

What I really feel sorry for are my daffodils.  They've tried so often to put on their fresh faced show this spring only to be knocked down for yet another snowstorm.


My poor beaten down daffodils


8 comments:

  1. Sounds like good enough reason for deep depression. I always get sad seeing flowers having taken an unexpected and unseasonal battering - almost as much as I dread seeing farm animals suffering and shivering, having been optimistically let out too early into the fields.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Indeed, all this snow and cold weather we're having this year is very depressing. Just when you think Spring has arrived Old Man Winter delivers another walloping blow.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Ron - who would have thought - Winter Wonderland in Delaware at the end of March. I think we're all going to appreciate spring a little more this time around.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      One thing, it is a regular Winter Wonderland" down here. We're had enough though. Time for the nice weather, daffodils and tulips.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. I wish you could send it out here to California! We are so desperate for water I collect it when it rains. Looks like my yard is going to be in trouble this summer.

    Cindy from Sonoma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy,
      We've had our share of precipitation this year, that's for sure.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. the daffodils are the saddest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The daffodils are coming back Dr. Spo!

      Delete