Thursday, April 04, 2013

Falling Apart



Hey folks, it feels like we're falling apart here at Casa Tipton y Kelly.  

As regular followers of this blog know, I am scheduled for seed implants for my prostate cancer on May 2nd.  Tomorrow morning at 9 am  I have an appointment with my urologist and oncologist to set the game plan.  Sounds like fun.  I'll clean the nether regions out before I go in just in case there needs to be more "exploratory" procedures.  To be quite frank about it folks, this is getting real old.  I'll just be glad when everything is over with and I can go about my regular life, albeit with a radioactive crotch.

Now a couple of days ago Bill developed a problem with his bladder.  Not to gross anyone out with too much information but there is incontinence and blood involved.  Bill's been trying to arrange an appointment with the VA to have his problem checked out.  He said this is the first time something like this has ever happened in his life.  He says when he has to pee, HE HAS TO PEE RIGHT AWAY.  Thank God I don't have that problem.  In fact, my plumbing apparatus is working just fine.  Just that little niggling "detail" of a slow growing prostate cancer that I have to deal with.






This morning my good friend Lar had to have an emergency colonoscopy.  Again, not to go into too much detail but he discovered blood in his stools.  I was with him last night on FaceTime as he took the pre-day concoction to flush out his system prior to this morning's exploratory procedure.  All kinds of invasive procedures around here folks.  Well, the good news is that he doesn't have colon cancer.  In fact that is GREAT NEWS.  However, he does have an ulcer which is what he suspected and he now will go on a special diet to treat that condition.  As you can see from my screen shots that I took of Lar drinking his pre-colonoscopy "prep" last night, we had fun.  Hey, you have to laugh. I did thoroughly enjoy being on the other "end" so to speak.







Our other good friend Stuart, is scheduled for knee replacement.  Stuart is the same age as Lar and I, 71 years of age.  Yep, we're at THAT AGE folks where things start falling apart.  Just like an old dependable car, no matter how much you take good care of it, sooner or later little things are going to "go."  Stuart says he has to have knee surgery because he has "bone on bone."  I feel the pain just hearing those words "bone on bone."  Again, thank God I don't have that condition.


Larry, Stuart and me - healthy in 1957

Larry, Stuart and me - slipping 2011


So, I don't know if Bill's condition will prevent us from taking our annual vacation down South. We can't take that trip if he has to stop on the interstate and for an emergency pee.  That won't work on the Interstate. So everything is on hold until Bill can see the doctor tomorrow.  

Fun times around Casa Tipton y Kelly.  The Old Guys are being tested.



14 comments:

  1. OMB! we CAN'T have all y'all falling apart like this! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Bill Anne Marie! He always bragged that he was the "healthy one." He's quite upset. I'm glad he doesn't read my blog. But I had to get it out there. This is what is going on now at Casa Tipton y Kelly. Hopefully he will get some medication or something so he can get his "control" back tomorrow.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. Ron,

    Oh no, Ron, you absolutely DIDN'T want to be on the other side last night!!!

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,

      I know, I've been there....several times. Blast off!

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Oh God, Ron. I hope things are OK with Bill. It would be terrible to put things on hold. Maybe it's just a UTI. I've had a couple of those over the years, and it's the same way - gotta go RIGHT NOW, and a course of antibiotics fixes it right up.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,

      Bill's going to call the doctor again this morning. Still blood in his urine. Doesn't look good. Hopefully it is just an infection that can be cured with antibiotics. And Bill was just bragging about he was the "healthy one" in this family. Just goes to show you how fragile our health is.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. Ron,
    Sorry to hear about Bill's problems and hope that it is very minor when he goes to see the doctor tomorrow. About that trip -- ever hear of a mayonnaise jar? Comes in very handy for emergencies!

    I am surprised your friend Lar was still at his computer; I would have expected him to be commenting over his phone from the bathroom imbibing that delicious drink. Glad they found no cancer.

    Hopefully, Stuart's knee replacement will be very routine as most of them are these days. It is so great that you are still in contact with your high school chums. I should know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,

      I told Bill about taking a jar with him. That's what a friend of mine always did. In fact you can buy special containers to urinate in during long trips. They have a special curvature that accommodates one's wiener.

      Oh no, my friend Larry wasn't at his computer ALL the time. I took those FaceTime photo early on, before the concoction took effect and he "blasted off." I am so relieved that he was cancer free. Lar has had enough problems in his life, he didn't need another one.

      My friend Stuart is concerned about his knee replacement but he has no choice. His knees aren't going to get any better no or we getting any younger. Our parts are wearing out, sad to say.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. Hopefully everything checks out just fine and dandy.
    That said, I have days where I feel like that house you have pictured up there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob,

      This morning my urologist told me the "game plan" for May 2nd. Surgery will take about an hour. Very invasive (of course) but once it's over, perhaps I can move on with my life. Bill got a call back from the VA. They're checking now his sample and it appears he just has a virus infection, which they say is fairly common. Always something isn't it?

      I thought you would like that house I pictured. You, the Architect Guy. By the way, I love your taste in architecture. We have the same tastes, clean lines, lots of light and muted colors.

      Ron

      Delete
  6. oh, some GREAT news in this post! my MIL has had both knees replaced and she is free from pain; the trick is ya gotta KEEP MOVING after the replacement.

    1 hour for you doesn't sound too bad; then I wanna see ya glow in the dark! :)

    currently have a quiche and some pumpkin muffins in the oven for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      The good news is that I'll be knocked out for the procedure. Take me on that trip!

      Ron

      Delete
  7. I hope Bill's problem clears up soon. It all sounds dastardly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Java,

      Bill's doctor at the VA prescribed medication for him. It appears to be working. Less blood now and he can control his urination. He hates that I am writing about this on my blog by the way.

      Ron

      Delete