Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Bloggerpalooza 2014

Hey folks, it's official, we're doing it again!  Yes, we're having another Bloggerpalooza next year. 


 Now here is a Fearsome Threesom - Ron, Anne Marie and Spo
The dates will be April 11th, 12th and 13th.  Yes, three days. I received several requests to extend the Bloggerpalooza to three days. Many found that two days wasn't enough to get everything in, visit friends, explore Lewes and Rehoboth.  Two days was just too short, especially for those traveling a distance to reach Lewes.  Why you're hardly here then you have to leave. 


Spo (in person) enters the Hospitality Suite

I also received requests to have the Bloggerpalooza at a later date.  In order to take advantage of the off season hotel rates and the 20% discount, I have to schedule the Bloggerpalooza before Easter weekend.  Easter falls later next year so I can schedule our event the previous week which will be Friday April 11th.  For those making hotel reservations make them for the arrival date of Thursday, April 10th and departing Sunday, April 13th.  


Spo takes picture of Nate and Cubby at Old Time Photo

By scheduling an extra day I can arrange free Dogfish Brewery tours for those interested on Friday, April 11th.  

Details still have to be worked out but here is a broad sketch of the events planned with plenty of time in between to meet with friends and go out on your own.

Thursday, April 10th - a late dinner at Stripper Bytes for those checking in at the hotel.

Friday, April 11th - Dogfish Brewery Tours during the day (time to be determined).  

Lunch at The Purple Parrot in Rehoboth (or other restaurant to be determined)

Cocktail reception at the hospitality suite (Captain's Quarters) Friday night followed by a rented limo to attend the Diva Show at Blue Moon in Rehoboth Beach. Mark ("Tales of the Sissy") may sing?  
Cocktails in the Hospitality Suite

Saturday (day), April 12th - after breakfast, a date at the Old Time Photo in Rehoboth for the annual group blogger photo (you DON'T want to miss this)followed by lunch at Dos Locos hosted by "The Cajun" (who is getting notice now). 

Saturday (evening), April 12th - "Meet and Greet" at the Parkview Room:
5 to 6 pm - cocktails
6 to 8 pm - catered buffet dinner followed by remarks and "presentations"
8 pm to ? = back to the hospitality suite to continue the party and getting to know one another better. 
disco ball photo: Disco Ball rainbow20ball2.gif
Sunday, April 13th - time to say our goodbyes all too soon.

This is just a tentative outline of the activities planned leaving plenty of personal time. "Loosey goosey" is my style of planning. Nothing is set in stone except that catered buffet on Saturday night.  


Cubby and Jay of VA in the Hospitality Suite

We have a whole year to plan folks. More surprises (yes, we can top last year) and good time are in store.  And, hopefully, more new bloggers will attend so we can meet the first time. It's all about love folks.  Good times and good friends.


David Jeffreys and Spo









27 comments:

  1. My goodness, Anne Marie sure does have two good-looking boyfriends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOMEONE (I'll not mention any names) is full of himself, isn't he?

      yeah, a rose between two thorns still smells sweet (with apologies to mr. shakespeare).

      bwhahahahahaha!

      Delete
    2. Anne Marie,

      Well? Do you disagree? :)

      Ron

      Delete
    3. no, I don't disagree. I had a room full of handsome boyfriends for 3 days. and I didn't take advantage of any of them. quelle dommage :(

      Delete
    4. Anne Marie,

      Mark really took a good picture of the three of us didn't he? At my age, most of the pictures I see of myself I do not like. I remember my Mother warning me "As you get older you'll find that those good pictures are less and less." and oh was she ever right. But Mark got the three of us at our best I think. Funny thing, I don't even remember posing for this picture. When I pose, they usually come out bad. I'm not a natural model. And yes, you did have a roomful of handsome boyfriends (Sassy Bear too) who all LOVED YOU!


      Ron

      Delete
    5. "you did have a roomful of handsome boyfriends (Sassy Bear too) who all LOVED YOU!" - they DID? WOW! did some of them tell you that? no names, please, just curious. :)

      Delete
  2. (Doesn't she just!)

    Fine news indeed, Ron. Those who can't be there can now at least put it in our diaries. Not entirely ruling out my presence quite yet, even though it is a one in a million chance - though stranger things have happened. (Such as? Give me a while to answer that.)

    Suggestion: Have you thought about attendees doing a 'party piece'? (Non-compulsory) Could be singing something appropriate, a recitation (nothing too heavy), an impersonation, magic trick etc.
    But of course that's YOUR prerogative. Don't let ME muscle in on your arrangements!

    Looking forward to it greatly already, Ron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Ray! Anne Marie had a lot of good-looking "boyfriends" that weekend.

      Ray, I'm already ahead of you on the "party piece", a new term I just learned from you. We do have a singer in among our blogger friends (Mark of "Tales of the Sissy.") Then we also have Sean of "Dormy", who is full of talent. He is one delightful guy with personality plus. And I do have a few surprises up my sleeve which I will not divulge to anybody, lest they not be a surprise. Lot of options now that I have plenty of time to plan. Would be nice if you could make it, you never know. Stranger things have happened.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. I've never had a threesome before...any volunteers? cubby? sassybear? sissy?

    and look, my hands are wrapped around a glass of wine; my, no wonder I was tipsy that weekend!

    you can bet your sweet ass that todd and I are coming back for next year's event. he had a good time meeting all my boyfriends. I want to spend more time with youse guys than I did 3 weeks ago. and todd is already drooling over the brewery tour.

    who's with me for next year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      Well, I can't make that claim.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. oooooh, cheeky (as raybeard might say)! ;-)

      Delete
    3. Anne Marie,

      My wild an flamboyant youth, oh the stories that I can never tell on my blog. But the memories live on!

      Ron

      Delete
  4. Nothing like advance notice! Count me in!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! I think adding an extra day is great too. I'm looking forward to it already. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark,

      Two days are not enough. It seemed like we just got settled and then everyone had to leave. Three days is especially good for those taking the time and expense of traveling a great distance.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. Anne Marie,

      Shall I put you and Todd on the Dogfish Brewery Tour for Friday of next year? Those tours fill up fast, can never plan too far ahead.

      Ron

      Delete
  6. Ron, I like both the idea of the extra day and moving it into April. Thanks. I would like to make one additional suggestion which is to move the hospitality suite into the main building with elevator access for old cripples such as I.

    Thanks for including the picture of Spo hugging me. It was so special that I just felt it all over again. Pure happiness and thanks to Mark for taking it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,

      The picture of you and Dr. Spo is beautiful. It captures the love of the event.

      Unfortunately we can't move the hospitality suite to the main building. There are no hospitality suites in the main building. We often get requests to create rooms where none exist, especially by wedding parties. I'm sorry but this is one request I can't fill.

      Ron

      Delete
  7. Sounds like! The extra day will be a great addition.
    Thanks for organizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After making such a long (and expensive) trip it seemed like a shame that you had to leave so soon. Stay awhile and get to know the people and area.

      Ron

      Delete
  8. It gives us something to look forward, like Christmas or an annual seasonal holiday.
    I have a year to slim down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      Many years ago I discovered on of the secrets of a happy and interesting life, always have something to look forward too. I've always had something to look forward to and what better than a gathering of our blogger friends? We have created our own annual holiday. And I have a whole year to plan. I love it!

      Ron

      Delete
  9. If I have my shit together I will be there... so glad you all had such a good time... wish I could have been there...

    ReplyDelete