Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dr. Spo Tells an old Family Story



This time next year folks, the bloggers will be arriving in Lewes, Delaware for the second annual Bloggerpalooza.  Which brings to my mind, I still have several videos of this year's blogger event that I haven't posted yet.  This video is Dr. Spo telling an old, funny family story.  The story is what his mother thought the "SML" tag meant in his underwear.  


"Them's some sexy tootsies!"  Guess who?

I am reminded again by seeing this video that what a wonderful camaraderie was shared by all of us at our first meeting last month.  Many of us got to know each other through our blog postings, thus it was like meeting old friends when we actually met face to face.  Here's hoping that next year's Bloggerpalooza welcomes even more bloggers to share the goodwill.  God knows we need positive vibes in these stressful times of so much uncertainty and negativity.  At least we all can be friends and reinforce all our positive vibes.  Plus, we have a LOT OF FUN (for old people).  Sorry, I  had to add the "old people" reference but really, when's the last time you have seen a group of adults like us have so much fun?  Leave your worries at home and come and join another episode of "Bloggerpalooza" next year.  See you then! 


"Let the games begin!"

19 comments:

  1. HELL YEAH! 364 days til...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne Marie,

    Check the posting again. My original posting didn't publish to of Mark's fun photos that capture the spirit of the Bloggerrama-ding-a-ding-a-long.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun!! Although I couldn't tell from the video's audio what did the mother think SML meant??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark,

      Spo's mother thought SML meant "Small, Medium, Large" instead of just "Small". All those years she got her boys small underwear.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. how come many of these pictures have me with a drink in my hand? just sayin...

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Anne Marie, now that YOU MENTIONED IT....I don't recall seeing you WITHOUT A DRINK IN YOUR HAND. Just saying....... :)

      Ron

      Delete
    2. that's me, miss lushy 2013! :)

      Delete
    3. Anne Marie,

      I think at the next bloggerpalooza we'll hide your drinking glass. You won't know what to do with your hands. I notice that you always have a firm grip on your glass. :)

      Ron

      Delete
    4. THE HELL YOU WILL!

      if I don't have my hand around a glass, I just might have to put my hands on a man! any one of my boyfriends will do!

      Delete
  5. At least his name wasn't written in the back of it all. That's what happens when you go to camp!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one thing I missed Jay, going to camp. But then, maybe I didn't. Mom couldn't afford to send us. We made our own camp. Then of course the Bloggerpalooza was a "camp" too wasn't it? :)

      Ron

      Delete
    2. I did day camp, church camp, scout camp, camping, you name it. Enjoyed 95% of it!
      Jay

      Delete
    3. bloggerpalooza WAS high camp for all! :)

      Delete
    4. Jay,

      Anne Marie is right, Bloggerpalooza WAS camp for all of us!

      Ron

      Delete
  6. And I STILL don't understand why it's funny but I'm not going to flog the subject any more. It's always good to see you all having fun again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,

      It's an "American" thing. "SML" indicates a small size. "MED" is medium and "LRG" is large. Spo's mother apparently always got them small ("SML") sized underwear thinking they fit all sizes; small, medium and large thus Spo an his brothers only wore small, TIGHT, underwear. In this country we have a stupid phenomenon called "One size fits all" but it doesn't actually. It's just a cheap way for clothing manufacturers to get out of making different sizes and getting stuck with the leftover sizes that people don't buy. Spo's Mom must have thought that "SML" was another version of one size fits all.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your trouble in explaining, Ron. The penny has dropped. Just played the clip again. Better! :-)

      Delete
  7. The last photo of the red tissue paper being tossed in joy is my favorite photo yet received from the weekend.
    It wins my prize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      That is what I love about Mark. He captures "The Moment." He will be taking photos at my family reunion this October. Such a talent.

      Ron

      Delete