This morning I resumed my early morning visit to the boardwalk in Rehoboth.
I didn't go yesterday and my day was all out of whack.
I had this brilliant idea that I would save gas and mileage on my car as well as reduce my risk for being in and accident by not going to the boardwalk every morning. I was wrong.
So this is my new routine which I began in August when I got my new car, a Subaru Forester.
I go to the boardwalk before the sun comes up. I walk the length of the boardwalk four times which is a total of four miles.
The benefits are thus:
- I'm getting my daily cardiovascular workout (also known as exercise)
- I lose that roll around my middle (approximately five pounds of flab)
- I breath in the fresh ocean air
- I observe the Daily Show of the other denizens of the early morning boardwalk routine
- I clear my mind for transcendental mediation (I do my TM on the hoof)
- I take a lot of cool pictures
- I might meet Somebody (only women so far, darn it)
- It gives structure to my day - everything else I do during the day works better with this start
- I am one with Mother Nature
- I do some major People Watching