Saturday, October 30, 2010

Arm Injury Update

Bill waiting for me this morning at the boardwalk in Rehoboth Beach




This morning for the first time in almost two weeks, I walked the boardwalk.


Bill took me down.  I still don't feel comfortable driving with my arm that I injured in a fall two weeks ago.  


The only time I've driven since my fall on Sunday, October 17th, was last Sunday when I took a short drive down Oyster Rocks Road.  My arm was still stiff but I was able to drive.  However, I still didn't feel comfortable driving on Rt. 1 so Bill drove me to work this past Wednesday.


I"m scheduled to work tonight and tomorrow night.  I'm going to drive myself.  I have to start sometime.


This week on Tuesday I'm scheduled to see the orthopedic doctor.  I am upset that it will have taken me two weeks from the time of my X-ray until I see the doctor for his analysis of the X-ray.


Hindsight is 20-20 so now I know the next time (which I hope there never is) I fall and injure a limb, I will go directly to the emergency room.  


I thought I was doing the right thing by going to my doctor but apparently this is not the way things are done in the private health care system.  What I should have really done was gone to the VA.  They have always taken good care of me.  


The VA is not a for profit system.  They operate differently.  They see their patients and take care of them immediately.  


It is very obvious from my experience since my fall that the private health care system is inferior to the VA.  Their first priority is to generate a profit.  The care of the patient is obviously secondary.  


I learned my lesson.  I won't make that mistake again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment