Monday, October 04, 2010

Seattle Weather

A fool treading the wet boardwalk in Rehoboth - ALONE

Thwarted again.


I headed out in the darkness of this morning for my daily walk on the boardwalk in Rehoboth only to meet more rain.


Yesterday morning I went into Rehoboth later in the morning to check out the end of the season sidewalk sales only to encounter high winds and rain.  And I mean HIGH WINDS.  I couldn't even walk on the boardwalk.  


This is getting real old, this Seattle Weather.  I'm starting to feel the effects of not doing my daily walk of four miles.  My legs are aching.  I can feel the pounds just waiting to come back to my waist.


It seems like the past two weeks the whole east coast has been getting a constant drubbing from the rain gods.  Thank goodness we don't have any flooding here but my brother Isaac, who lives in Downingtown, PA is now confronted with a flooded basement.  He lives in the basement.  Bill lives in our basement.  As I said....THANK GOODNESS NO FLOODING HERE.


This is what I imagine the weather is like in Seattle and the Northwest.  All this rain may make for lush greenery but I'm telling you, it's seriously disrupting my daily routine and depressing me.  I could never live year round in weather like this.  I need me a LOT OF LIGHT.  


What was it that terrible, headache producing song from "Annie" said?  "Tomorrow, tomorrow!  The sun will come out tomorrow!" 


I hope so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment