Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Super Bluebird

Lots going on here in Ron's World. Today I'm going to stick with the progress of my baby bluebirds in their bluebird house which is guarded by the biggest bluebird I've ever seen. It's a Super Bluebird! He's been fighting off swallows and sparrows from his five baby bluebirds. So far he has been able to repel all attacks from the barbarians.

As you can see from the picture I took a few minutes ago, the baby bluebirds haven't opened their eyes yet. That will probably happen in the next day or two. I will keep the readers of this blog posted when that event happens. In about a week they will be covered in a soft down of blue hued feathers. In about a month they're out on their own in the big world.

I always feel guilty when I open the front of the bluebird box to take my progress pictures. But I think Super Bluebird understands because he goes away a short distance and watches from his perch from my neighbor's screened in deck. As soon as I finish taking my pictures and turn around to return to the house, he flies back to his perch on top of the bluebird house. He looks at me and I can sense he understands that I am not a threat to his babies.

One more day of work then I have a few days off until Saturday when I go in to fill in for another co-worker who has a class. Tonight I'm filling in for a co-worker who is vacationing in Ireland (must be nice.) I have to get up to Pennsylvania to visit my Mom. I also have to return some genealogical items to my cousin Elsie Mae. I borrowed her parent's funeral books back when the winds were blowing cold. The trees are now green and the temperatures are warmer. I haven't been able to travel to Pennsylvania recently because I had a cold, too much rain, and my erratic work schedule at the hotel. I foresee sunny days and a clear work schedule in my future and I better make the trip soon. If I don't my family members may disown me.

This is a short post because I have to get ready for work. These four day work schedule are a bit much for me. I've gotten too used to the freedom of only working one or two days a week, Mondays and Thursdays. Four or five days in a row is a killer. I guess I got out of practice. I'm glad I have a job and a job that I like. Except perhaps for the issues I'm having with the owner but that is another whole story. I haven't decided yet whether or not I want to post that drama on my blog. Right now I'm going to put all of that out of my mind and enjoy this sunny, warm day.

No comments: