Brothers Ronald, Isaac and John Tipton
Samuel Park Tipton
31 Mar 1934 - 15 Dec 2001
William Daniel Kelly
Larry Meredith and Ron Tipton
Today is Memorial Day in which this country recognizes and honors the services of all of our veterans. Join with me in honoring those who have given so much that we can live in freedom.
Note: Pictured above:
1) A composite picture produced by my sister-in-law Barbara Tipton of me and my two younger brothers during our tour of duty with the Army in the 60's.
2) My life partner of 45 years Bill Kelly during his tour of duty with the Air Force in Bamberg, Germany during the Fifties.
3) My Uncle Sam Tipton during his tour of duty with the U.S. Air Force in Greenland.
4) My Uncle George Lincoln Hadfield during his tour of duty with the U.S. Army Engineers during World War II in Germany.
5) My uncle John Hannum Tipton (on the right) during his tour of duty as a paratrooper with the U. S. Army during World War II. He spent two years as a prisoner of war in a German prison camp from which he escaped twice and was recaptured. He was released in 1945, a few months after his mother died thinking he had died in the war.
6) My Uncle Bruce Tipton during his tour of duty in the 50's in Germany.
7) A group picture of me and my friends Bill Allen, Bob McCamley and Dick Egan during our school at Ft. Devens, Massachusetts in April of 1960 for the Army Security Agency.
8) My friend Larry Meredith and me during a leave to my home in 1962 from my tour of duty with the National Security Agency at Ft. George G. Meade, Maryland.