Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Why Not?



Notice my new blog header photo?  It was taken in Provincetown, Mass in June of 1980.  Yep, a LONG time ago.  I got tired of looking at the picture of me at Rehoboth Beach.  I look SO OLD in that picture.  But wait, I AM OLD.  So, until I get someone to take a current picture of me on the beach at Rehoboth, this old picture from my storied and fabled past will have to do.

Not much to write about in today's posting except to bring everyone up to date on my post prostate surgery.  I have recovered nicely thank you.  The discoloration in my nether regions has almost gone (thank God).  I still have a slight burning sensation when I urinate (there he goes with the graphics again) but nothing that I can't handle.  In fact, I'm sort of getting used to it.  

The other issue (and now is the time to get the kids out of the room again because I'm going to get really graphic now) is my sexual function. 



I was advised "not to engage in sex for two weeks after surgery."  Well, that was no biggie for me since I basically haven't engaged in sex for about three decades now (except for self-entertainment - look it up).  So, two weeks to the day I pulled up my favorite fantasy video and pressed "run".  Uh huh, everything seemed to be working just fine.  Yep, working just fine until....wait for it.....the climax (you don't have to look that up).  Well folks, what can I say?  It wasn't quite what it was before.  In fact, it was somewhat disappointing.  Of course there was blood (I warned you) all over the place.  Looked like a murder scene.  

So I waited a few days then put my fantasy video on again.  Uh huh, okay.....everything is working fine again and then........yep...struck "oil" again.  Well, it was a little better this time (still lots of blood but not as much) but not quite up to the "full gusher".  So there you go folks, information that you will not receive from your urologist or websites on the aftermath of prostate surgery.  




19 comments:

  1. Ron,

    Oh, yuck! For once I'm glad your trust camera stayed away. At least You have use of your right. I see the Doc today to find out if I have a permanent handicap (pun intended). Did go work with the Sandy relief yesterday and made do one-armed or not. Them people worse off than I. Turned into a 12 hour day (including drive time of 4 hours), came home tired, sweaty and dirty.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry,

      Some of my readers want to know this information Lar. I tried to clean it up as much as I could. I should be just about done posting about my "progress" unless I have a major setback.

      Glad you had another good day in Jersey.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. Randy in NEB2:49 PM

    Ron, I found a greeting card that I gave to a friend for his 50th birthday. It said "old age isn't for sissies." I guess thats true, finding it out for my self. Your looking good though. By the way loving the last picture of you. Like those long legs of yours in boots. Glad to hear some things are still working. Later my friend. Randy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy,

      Know what the Number One thing that attracted Bill to me? My long legs. Not my scintillating personality, or devilishly good look but mu LONG LEGS! So much for romance.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. Randy in NEB1:22 AM

      Ron, Well I guess Bill and I have an other thing incommon besides once being in the Air Force. We're both leg men, but your right about your devilish good looks. And on your videos you definitely come across as having a scintillating personality. Randy

      Delete
    3. Randy,

      Of course you know that was tongue in cheek about my "scintillating" personality and "devilish" good looks, really. I'm just your Average Joe who happens to have very long legs. Thanks for the compliments anyway. :)

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Sorry about the other part, but I assume that will improve with a little more time.

    Love all your 'vintage' photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark,

      I love the vintage photos too! More to come.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. I like yesterday's post better about basements, but this post is informative too. It will get better and better so keep on practicing! The fact that you went through this procedure, you are ok and "whole" is really amazing! You are out of the basement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,

      I thought about you before I did this post but I did want to get the details out there for those men friends of mine who have expressed interest in my condition. So much of the "details" are usually not available for public discourse.

      Yes, I am out of the basement and am I ever glad.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. oh mah lawd, you is such a handsome thang! no wonder bill fell for you!

    I hope this "setback" is only temporary; hell, it has not even been 1 month since the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      I'm coming back (no pun intended).

      Ron

      Delete
  6. At least it's working! I think it will come back. The whole system has been shocked and traumatized. Be patient, though when it comes to those matters, patience is not easy.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,

      You're right about my system being shocked and traumatized. Was it ever! But I am"coming" back, so to speak.

      Ron

      Delete
  7. Anonymous5:41 AM

    Hello,
    this is again from Madrid.
    This bloody issue is not surprising at all. From your comment, I guess you did not experience it after your biopsy but you were lucky. I have had two biopsies in three months and after both of them I also notice this "fuel stuff" for a month (without going into details, it probably depend of how many "draining sessions" you have). And a biopsy is almost nothing compared with the seed implant surgery. It is disgusting, but it will certainly be temporary. The "feeling" is interesting, I have heard it changes for a while (not better or worse, just "different") and then it slowly goes back to normal. More important, it is nice you have so mild effect from the seeds. I keep interested about your experience; brachy seems a civilized way to deal with this problem when it can be applied. Thank for sharing all this with us and good luck. Juan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juan,

      Your response is why I am posting about my prostate cancer and treatment. I know some think it is inappropriate to post about this subject but I know I would have appreciated reading more on this subject prior to my biopsies and treatment.

      I do remember having blood in my semen after the biopsy. It didn't last too long. You're right about the "feeling". It's not all bad but not as good as it was before but I don't know if that was because that's what I was used to. I hope I get my normal "feeling" soon because it was perfect. I've always felt fortunate that I was one of the lucky few who could pleasure myself way better than anyone else could. One side effect I am having and I don't know if it is directly related to my treatment or medication, is that I am very tired most of the time. I'll bring that up with my urologist when I visit him in a couple of weeks for my followup appointment.

      Thank you for your comments, they are appreciated.

      Ron

      Delete
  8. perhaps it would be a better performance if you had sex with someone for goodness sake !!!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh.....well, any suggestions who that might be? :)

      Delete
    2. I'm willing but I can't with just "someone", has to be somebody special. Dare I go further? :)

      Delete