Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Next Up!

Me in the balcony of the Senate chamber prior to giving my testimony

Well folks, I completed my second testimony for marriage equality at the Delaware State legislature today.  Today's testimony was before the senate.  The only change I made in my testimony was that I added the homophobic encounter with my cousin during our vacation in North Carolina last week.  


View of the balcony from the Senate floor

The view from the balcony of the Delaware 

I feel my testimony went well.  At least I didn't hit that "speed bump" of choking up, although I was told by several people that added to the sincerity of my testimony.  Hey folks, I am sincere about my testimony about marriage equality.  I think it's about time Bill and I got married (and other same sex couples), 49 years is a long trial run.  The vote will take place next week.  I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed.


The Senate floor prior to the testimonies to be given
We're all lined up and ready to give testimony to marriage equality in Delaware. Isn't this a fine looking bunch of folks?

Now the next Big Thing, yes folks I'm not finished yet.  Tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. I am scheduled for my prostate surgery.  I am getting radioactive seed implants.  I am not looking forward to this.  What I fear the most are the possible after effects.  In the meantime I have to have a "clear liquid dinner" tonight. Oh sure, that is a tasty meal. I don't know what else a liquid dinner is other than chicken broth.  Well, I guess it could be a large glass of vodka but I don't drink at home so that option is out.  So I starve myself tonight, give myself yet another enema (which by they way I am becoming quite proficient - TMI?) and no breakfast tomorrow prior to showing up at the outpatient surgery center for my procedure.  Oh I am so looking forward to getting back to my normal, dull, routine life.


Waiting to testify on the Senate floor 
Enjoy the photos today folks, I don't plan to take any many tomorrow during my "procedure."

This just in!

22 comments:

  1. thinking healing thoughts for you for tomorrow. and no, we really don't need to see pix of you with your legs in the air, thanks for asking. ;-)

    hopefully the doctors will be "in and out" quickly and you can recover at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      I just want to get this procedure over with tomorrow. So bad.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. Ron,

    What is this normal, dull life you keep talking about? Your is more like a reality TV show.

    Can't you hand the camera to someone and capture the big moment when the needles go in? (Crossing my legs now.)

    I'll be praying for you.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,

      That's one photo-op that I'm going to pass on. Thanks for your well wishes.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Ok, I can accept the disappointment of no, or few, surgery photos but I'm always glad to see group shots of heroes --and you've included some fine ones in this post. Good luck tomorrow, Ron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you George. Hopefully this time tomorrow I'll be back to my normal routine.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. Everything will go well tomorrow Ron! It will be over quickly and you will be back blogging in no time! (We'll be thinking of you of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Nadege, I hope so.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. I will be thinking about you, and sending as much positive energy as possible in your direction. And just so it won't go to waste, I'll have some extra breakfast in the morning, just so you can feel better about not eating! HAHAHAHAHA

    I think it's awesome that you testified. So very cool. If I ever had that opportunity, I think it would be the straw that broke my camel's back of coming out to the world.

    Anyway, congrats and good luck! I'm sure we'll be TMI'ed (which is fine, I'm savoring what I expect I'll be going through sooner or later) tomorrow evening after you recover from the ether!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,

      Testifying is not something that I sought but was asked to do. I feel privileged that I was asked and I hope my testimony helped to move the ball forward, however little.

      In couple of hours I will be undergoing my procedure. Looking forward to this being over soon.

      Ron

      Delete
  6. Anonymous10:17 PM

    Hi Ron,

    Well, you made the news tonight. My husband said "isn't that the Ron you talk about?" I was like OMG it is him & he's testifying for same sex marriage. So you are a star baby!!
    I wish you lots of luck tomorrow & with very little discomfort.

    Fran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fran,

      I heard I was on the news but I didn't see it. Well, that's a first. Thank you for your well wishes for my procedure today. In a few hours it will be all over with.

      Ron

      Delete
  7. wishing you a good experience tomorrow with the procedure. congratulations on standing up for your rights, and the rights of others!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Ron, how proud you can be you were part of the solution and did something. GOod for you for channeling The Warrior in such positive means !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      Yes, I am proud that I had the opportunity to do my little part in helping The Cause. It feels good.

      Ron

      Delete
  9. Randy in NEB2:25 AM

    Ron, The first thing I did when I woke up this morning was think of you! Wow, Thursday he goes in for his procedure. I'm sure everything will go great, sending you good thoughts and warm hugs.:-) And as far as HB75 passing, COOL! If you can keep us informed both things. Peace to you my friend. Randy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy,

      In a couple of hours my procedure should be all over with and I am celebrating with a lunch of Eggplant Parmesan at the La Dolce Vita restaurant in Long Neck.

      Ron

      Delete
  10. Mt thoughts are with you over the coming hours, Ron. Let's get the damn thing over with (but that's easy for me to say.) Hope any discomfort is down to the absolute minimum.

    I feel sure that with your extra confidence your second testimony will push further the likely positive outcome of the impending vote. Here's hoping madly that it comes about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. I hope my testimony helped to make marriage equality a reality in Delaware. So many have worked so long and hard for this to happen.

      Ron

      Delete
  11. Anonymous8:00 PM

    Ron, I hope everything went well today. Please update us when you feel up to it. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynne,

      Everything went well this morning but I do have a problem now which I will write about in my next posting. I wasn't going to do it today but I might as well.

      Ron

      Delete