Saturday, May 25, 2013

Blogger Friend Visit

Sean and Jeffrey

Every now and then I get to meet one of my blogger friends in person.  Today was such a day.  Sean and his husband Jeffrey were visiting another fellow blogger this weekend and stopped by for a visit this afternoon.  

Sean and Jeffrey met the elusive and reclusive 
"Bill", my longtime partner and husband to be (this July)!  Bill loved them, as I knew he would.  

While Sean and Jeffrey were here another hot blogger friend of ours called me on FaceTime.  That hottie was (and still is) Dr. Spo of hot Phoenix, Arizona.  


Dr. Spam Spo

After chatting with Bill we all took off to Rehoboth Beach to drop in on another fellow blogger, The Cajun.  Of course he was DELIGHTED to see us.  

Prior to "dropping in" on the Cajun, we had to find a parking place.  Rehoboth Beach has new parking meters that you pay by credit card.  It was a pleasure watching these two (Sean and Jeffrey) figure out how to coordinate their credit card with the parking meters.  Great minds indeed.  Young mind actually.  I can just imagine Bill and I trying to figure out the new parking system.


 
After we (they) got the parking situation figured out (two hour's worth folks, "only" $17.00) we took a stroll on the boardwalk.  What a pleasure that was for ALL of us.  I don't usually (actually never) go on the boardwalk during the season but since Jeffrey graciously offered to drive, I went.  The "pleasure" of walking the boardwalk was see all the eye candy.  When I do go to the boardwalk in the summer it is usually very early in the morning and all I usually see are seat soaked, older, wiry lesbians runners.  All nice ladies I'm sure but not really eye candy for this gay guy if you know what I mean.  Just saying.

New York hotties on the Rehoboth Boardwalk 
 We go past the Old Time Photo but decide not to stop in at this time.  Time was running short and we did want to see The Cajun and perhaps have lunch, a daunting expectation given that this is Memorial Day Weekend.  


The Cajun at his station - this is not a Sit Down Job

We arrive at Dos Locos where The Cajun is the gracious, efficient and hot host with the most.  Man was he busy.  I got tired the few seconds I took this video.

We asked for a table for three. Believe it or not, as busy as they were, we got our table in under ten minutes! I have to say I was very impressed, VERY.

We ordered (hamburger for me of course which was DEE-LICIOUS), a California Wrap for Jeffrey and I don't know what for Sean.  Oh, I also had a frozen lime margarita.  Oh my, do I ever love my margaritas.  It only takes one to get me a buzz on and I got one.  Thank goodness Jeffrey was driving.  

After we ate and left the darkened environs of Dos Locos, and walked out into the bright sunlight of Rehoboth Avenue I felt like I just underwent an eye examination and my eyes were dilated.  Yep, Ron was tipsy.  Shame no one was around to take advantage of my vulnerable state.  Oh well.  




16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We had a great time Anne Marie!

      Ron

      Delete
  2. How nice! I love it when bloggers meet and I bet so far you haven't been disappointed of meeting any of them. Glad Bill enjoyed them too.
    Have a wonderful Memorial day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,

      You are absolutely right, I haven't been disappointed yet in any of the bloggers that I have met. All very nice people. And Bill did enjoy meeting Sean and Jeffrey. I knew he would like them.

      You have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend too Nadege.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. Blue sky, sunshine --a fine day. I know how tall you are and Jeffrey appears the same height. Don't know how Sean, who looks about my height, held you both up in the last picture. Delightful, Ron!

      Delete
    3. Geo.,

      A delightful day yesterday with two sweethearts and The Cajun too, who doesn't quite fall into the "sweetheart" category but we love him all the same. :)

      Ron

      Delete
  3. I wish I had been there- oh wait a minute, in a way I was?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all wish you were here yesterday also and that's no rubbish. :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like lots of fun! Sean and Jeffrey are great guys and two of the few bloggers I've met in person (they conveniently live near my home town, isn't that nice of them?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt,

      Were your ears burning yesterday? We were talking about bloggers that we would like to attend next year's Bloggerpalooza and I mentioned that I would love to meet you because you seem like such a nice guy. Sean and Jeffrey told me that they had met you in person and confirmed that indeed you are a sweetheart. I knew it! I'm looking forward to giving you a big hug one day. ;)

      Ron

      Delete
  5. Heart-warming post, Ron. Another success you can chalk up, all the more delightful for having been unplanned. Glad it went so wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wonderful visit yesterday Ray. Sean and Jeffrey and sweethearts, a delight to be with.

      Ron

      Delete
  6. Sounds like good times! But $8.50 an HOUR to park? Thank you, I won't be parking in Rehoboth Beach any time soon!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Jay that's not the cost, I think it is $1.50 an hour. At least that's what it is when you feed the meter quarters. It's not cleark on the Parkmobile app how much it will cost to park. Who cares? We're in Rehoboth and it's SUIMMERTIME! :)

      Delete
  7. Randy in NEB5:13 PM

    Ron, It sounds like you three guys had a very nice time, it's too bad Bill didn't want to join you. One lime margarita gave you a buzz? You sound like a cheap date. lol. As always a pleasure reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy,

      Oh yes, I am a very CHEAP date, believe me. One martini or margarita and I'm buzzed.

      Ron

      Delete