Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mom and the Spitting Camel

Mom and "friend" - Dec. 2 1967


My brother John and I both inherited the teasing playfulness personality of our father.  Our other brother Isaac didn't.

Our dad often teased our Mom.  She was usually a good sport about it.....most of the time.  Every now and then the joke went a little too far like the time my father electrified the wooden toilet seat in the outhouse that my Mother was using.  She almost knocked over that outhouse getting out of there.  She almost killed my father too when she found out that he had just played another practical joke on her.


Mom and Pop 1944 - this picture Pop carried in his wallet until the day he died

This series of pictures I have on this blog posting is from the time about twenty years ago, during one of Mom's visits to John and his family in Greenville, South Carolina.  John took her to a zoo to visit the Spitting Camel.  Oh I know my brother John.  He wouldn't of have been too upset if the Spitting Camel put on a show for our Mother.  Unfortunately for John but fortunately for our Mother, the Spitting Camel wasn't in a spitting mood the day Mom visited him.  


Mom staying out of spitting range - 1967

Looking at this series of pictures again reminds me of how much we all miss Mom.  She was a lot of fun and very good natured.  Bill also liked to tease her and you know I did.  


Brother John and family and Mom and.....the Spitting Camel - 1967



8 comments:

  1. your mom was a beautiful woman. and I have heard nasty things about camels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      Brother John said that camel spit at him a couple of times. Didn't spit at my Mom though, he must have liked her.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. I love your family posts, Ron. They make me think about my mom and dad, both awesome people, just like yours were!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jay. I love doing the family posts. Brings back many fond memories. I'm glad the posts bring back fond memories of your family too.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. I second AM's comment. Your Mom was a very attractive woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thoroughly enjoy the family stories that you tell and the wonderful accompanying photos (Wow! An electrified out house toilet seat!!). I'll bet that spitting camel is still around somewhere. Perhaps in a home for retired humpbacks??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,

      The electrified toilet seat story has been told many times over in our family. So funny.

      Ron

      Delete