Friday, December 09, 2016

Busy Week



This morning I happened to notice that the last time I posted a blog was this past Monday.  Wow.  Where have I been?

Very busy, that's where. I finally finished my torturous navigation through the VA's Choice program and got Bill's appointment.



Folks, that whole experience just exhausted me.  I am so thankful I was here to accomplish that task.  It would have been impossible for Bill to do it.  I feel sorry for those older vets who live alone and are faced with this option to get their health care.  All the problems I had brought to my mind how Medicare would be if Trump and his minions privatize Medicare. I don't want to go on yet another rant about the evils of the Republican party's obsession with dismantling the social safety net but I have to admit I am very concerned these days what is going to happen for me if I should be in a similar situation years from now.  Living by myself; old, feeble suffering semi dementia. I'll just live each day at a time and try not to get too caught up in that fear.




On this subject folks, I have to tell you that I am very concerned about the future of this country under this incoming Trump administration. And I am sick to death of seeing Kellyanne Conway, and her "little girl voice,  on TV continuously defending The Stupid of Trump.




On to better subjects. Christmas is almost upon us.  I'm still not in the Christmas mood folks. Sorry. However, the one Christmas tradition I do like is sending Christmas cards.  I'm almost ready to send out my cards. This is how I keep in touch with friends, relatives and former co-workers who I haven't seen in years. My way of letting those folks know I'm still alive.  


Lately I've been thinking a lot about my mortality.  Especially since Bill had such a close call.  I'm reading an excellent book now called "Being Mortal."  This is a book I can recommend highly for all to read. 




By the way, I've been working the hotel most of the week filling in for two of my co-workers.  I work again tomorrow night. That's four days this week folks.  I usually work two nights a week, which I am used to. I'm to too wild about working almost full time but I want to be co-operative with my fellow employees and employers.  Besides, I'm taking off again in February and they're filling in for me.  

By the way, Miss Kellyanne is on the TV again, lying in that fake, babydoll voice of her. Man, am I ever sick of her. 







11 comments:

  1. Ron...My hand is up....I agree...When I see or hear Kelly Anne it makes me cringe....I am respectful of others opinion and will gladly listen...I may disagree...But I will listen...I love my Rachel M., Lawrence O., Joy R., Chris M....I love a lively debate...But Kelly Anne...Let's be blunt she like her employer are LIARS...No, it is not because I disagree but because what they say is not the truth....It's beyond spin....I hate her voice as well...It comes across to me that there is a smirk behind it...Her tail-feathers really showed during the post campaign debrief at the Harvard Club...She was smug and mean spirited...It's alright to win....But lets be gracious about it...I now have to mute the television when Kelly Anne or the Trumpster appear...I just can't take it....Someone just give me the cliff notes... Glad to see you have Bill squared away...I am in health care management and I know how hard it is for those up in age to navigate through the the health care system...Hell, even folks younger than us have a hard time...Be well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. AlexandriaVic,
    I'm listening to Chris Hayes right now on MSNBC. After that Rachel then Lawrence. I too am respectful of other's opinions but I agree with you, listening to Kelly Anne makes me cringe. She and others on the Trump campaign have set a new standard, "sore winners." I heard snippets of that campaign decried at the Harvard Club. How many times did Kelly Anne say "We won, you lost"? I fear where this country is going for the next four years. All Trump seems interested in is his rallies where he basks in the adulation. He's letting the governing up to Pence, who is truly dangerous with his ultra conservative views. One of my biggest worries is that the hard right of the Republican Party, especially Paul Ryan, will be successful in privatizing Medicare thus creating more torturous navigational problems and lower benefits. Paul Ryan has had his eye on Social Security and Medicare for his whole career, now he has a chance to ruin it. I don't understand their thinking.
    We're in for bad times.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron- I'm 55, white, college-educated, and thankful I have a pretty good pension (I'm a teacher) built up but my husband lost everything when WorldCom went bust. He then worked another IT job until six years ago and was laid off. No companies would hire a 50+ worker. He went to work for a family member's construction company making a fourth of what he used to make and no benefits. Luckily, I can cover him under my health insurance but he has nothing except Social Security. All this is the backdrop to say I am scared of what Trump and his billonaire croonies will bring upon the country! It's a nightmare. P.S. There has been something that grated on my nerves about Ol' Kellyanne and you're right---it's that voice!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie,
      I'm sorry to hear that your husband lost so much when WorldCom went bust. I lost quite a bit with WorldCom too and other telecommunication stocks, which I thought were a sure bet. I lost over $200,000. My work history is similar to your husband's. I had a good paying job until the merger of banks then I lost my job. Went from a bank manager to pulling weeds in a ladies estate for $8.45 an hour. I've managed to come back up a bit (not much) but at least where I am somewhat secure as long as I keep my part-time job to supplement my income. I depend on Social Security and Medicare but now I am frankly losing sleep at night worrying about what Trump and his billionaire friends and alt right conservative Republicans are going to do to Medicare and Social Security by privatizing both plans. You're right, this is a nightmare. Trump said things during his campaign about not touching Social Security and Medicare but I now believe those were just "words" to get him elected. I believe the only thing he wanted was to win (at all costs). Now that he is president, he is leaving the staffing of his administration to Mike Pence, who is truly scary. All Trump cares about his feeding his own ego by arranging these endless rallies. I am sickened by what we're in for the next four years. God help us.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. The "We won, you lost" mantra is also being (over)used here nauseatingly on the matter of our calamitous Brexit referendum. Polls show that if that vote was held today at least 7% of the 'Outs' would now vote to 'Remain', which would have overturned the final result. Similarly, I wonder how many who voted for the Trump are now regretting it. I suspect it might be rather more than those on the other side who voted for H.C. now wishing that they hadn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Most of the Trump voters were so blinded by their hatred of Hillary (which I never got by the way), they still don't see Trump for the con man that he is. Maybe in time they're realize they were conned when those manufacturing and coal mining jobs don't come back, which they won't. Wonder how many of Trump's rallies they'll attend when that fact sinks into their thick heads.
      Ron

      Delete
    2. I reckon that the impossible dreams which he proposed and which so many fell for will crumble in spectacular fashion - and not quickly enough, Ron. The question is, will his supporters be as quick to desert him as they were to take him at his silly word?
      Even if he himself had been the best thing since sliced bread, the team he's appointing to surround himself with (Putin included!) just takes the breath away. So this is action of the self-proclaimed 'The Great Unifier' is it? And he's not even started being President yet!!!! Holding onto ones' hats won't be nearly enough. Lord help us ALL!

      Delete
  5. Ron,

    Yeah, I've been lagging behind in my posting as well. Something must have got in the way. Last post was all about sex I'm afraid, "Look Out Martha, here Comes the Smut". Don't want to leave that chapter standing as my last entry Glad your getting straigtened out with the VA. I just began my maze on health, I guess. Called a government agency this week, got blown off.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,
      I hope to get back on track this week. So much going on with the extra hours at work and doctor's appointments. Your experience with calling a government agency this week and getting blown off is why I am so concerned with the Republican's plan to privatize Medicare and Social Security. This is just the tip of the iceberg Larry. We're in for horrendous times.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. Do you mean torturous or tortuous?
    Thank you for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      I don't know what I mean these days.
      Ron

      Delete