Sunday, June 16, 2013

Channing Tatum

Channing Tatum

The first time I saw Channing Tatum was on last year's Oscar telecast.  He was in a dance number with a woman whose name I have forgotten but I didn't forget him.  When I saw him doing the light fantastic (with those incredible buns of his) I thought "WHO IS THAT?" Oh...My...God.  

Later I found out he is an actor who appeared in some Chippendales type movie which I haven't seen (yet).  

Of course I've heard is name bandied about in the two lying gossip rags that I receive every week (the National Enquirer and the Globe).  Unusual name, easy to remember.  Cute face.  A really CUTE face.  But then Brad Whats His Name also had a cute face at one time.  Brad, he of the ever changing hairdo and facial hair.  You know who I'm talking about, the superstar with the Global Family that they are always carrying from one airport to another.  Once I saw Brad Pitt give an interview with such an attitude that any attraction I had to him quickly evaporated by his silent arrogance.

This week I received my latest issue of Vanity Fair.  Channing Tatum is on the cover.  That is a clear indication that this young man (33 years old I believe) has arrived.



I must say, it is so refreshing to receive an issue of Vanity Fair that doesn't have some old tired retread actor or actress on it.  Thank you Vanity Fair.

The article goes on to state that Channing is "an action hero who can act." What a novel approach. He's also one HOT MAN.  That helps.  Not only me but millions of gay men like me (who have the good taste that I have) and also millions of women (who he is obviously playing too with those pouty lips of his).   




I am old enough to remember movie stars who had "IT".  Right away I recognized that Channing Tatum has "IT".  There have been other actors much ballyhooed like George Clooney and Matthew McConaughey as the "Sexiest Man Alive".  




Hey, good actor both but sexy?  Hardly?  At least from my viewpoint.  I just don't see it.  

No comparison Pancho.  Nada.  

And then there is The Brat, Justin Bieber.  You know her him don't you?  The idol of millions of teensters.  Again, I just don't get it.



Oh I've had my Movie Star Crushes before.  My latest was Ryan Gosling.  That heat is quickly dissipating, sorry to say.  Ryan seems to have fallen into the "Do you KNOW who I am trap" plus he's palling around with Eva Mendes or someone one like that.  

There was actually someone else that got my embers glowing but I even forget who that was now that I have been totally distracted by the boyish good-looks of Mr. Tatum.   

Yep, I think this Channing Tatum has a future.  


Nice jaw line

18 comments:

  1. everyone else (except george clooney) is butt ugly and does nothing for me. now george, I can imagine doing naughty things with/to him! RAWR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      I like George but there is absolutely no sexual attraction there for me. Nada. Good actor though. Same with Matthew. I won't watch Brad Pitt movies. Nor Tom Cruise. I just don't buy the hype.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. As you'll no doubt learn, the chippendale movie was semi autobiographical as Channing was once a stripper in a gay bar - there are pics if you google. He's also a dog lover and I have posted numerous pics of him with his dogs...running...shirtless.....camando...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sean,

      I did not know that. Thanks.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Sean,

      I'll check out this link.

      Thanks!

      Ron

      Delete
  4. Bradley Cooper...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES Nadege! How could I forget Bradley

      Delete
  5. I saw my first (and only, so far) CT movie last week. It was called The Eagle, I think, and was a togas, swords, and sandals movie about Romans in Britain during Hadrian's rule. I thought CT was a bit stiff, but it was a fun movie to watch, except for the very end which I thought was cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt,

      Haven't seen that movie or any of Channing Tatum's movies but after seeing him dance on the Oscars (and that amazing ass), I want to see more.

      Ron

      Delete
  6. Must be something wrong with my hormones. Channing Tatum doesn't turn me on, but he has a nice body. I never liked George Clooney. I never heard of Matthew McConaughey. Justin Bieber is too much of a fem.
    The only time Brad Pitt was sexy was in "Thelma and Louise" and that was like 50 years ago (slight exaggeration).
    So what the hell is wrong with me? Am I straight???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,

      I agree with you on all your other points, especially that the only time Brad Pitt was sexy was in "Thelma and Louise." And you're right, it was like 50 years ago. However there is something about Channing Tatum beyond he good looks a body, I think it is an authenticity that is lacking with most of our other major male stars. Whatever it is, it is refreshing to see a real, honest to goodness movie star seeming to emerge is this vast, wast land of wanna be "stars."

      Ron

      Delete
  7. He CAN act and he has an amazing ass, to boot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob,

      I haven't seem him act yet but I have seen that ass....amazing.

      Ron

      Delete
  8. i am stuck on that last picture you posted, and not on his face, if you know what i mean! he is a good actor, i agree. you should check him out in "a guide to recognizing your saints". before he was a big star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony,

      I haven't seen him in a movie yet but I will soon. Just by his presence on the Academy Awards show I was struck by his "presence." He seems authentic, not faux like Ashton Kucher or boring like Brad Pitt (who is SO over). Yes, the last picture is striking and not just because of his strong jaw line.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness.

      Delete
    3. My sentiments exactly Karen. :)

      Ron

      Delete