Thursday, June 20, 2013

Rita Hayworth Jumps the Line



Good morning folks!  I'm doing a "place holder" posting today.  

Sometimes I think I post too much often. I should devote more time to my other blog "Tipton Tales and Trails."  Today is one of those days.  So instead of another Reveal All About Ron blog today, I am posting this wonderful You Tube video of one of my all time favorite actresses and dancers, Rita Hayworth.  For those of  you too young to remember, there was once a time in our entertainment industry when we had real stars who had real charisma.  You young folks today can have your Mariah Careys' and Jennifer Lopezs', but me?  The oldster, fuddy duddy, stick in the mud that I am.  I'll take Rita and...Joan...and...Bette.....and Marilyn....any day.  

One of the many things I love about the new Digital Age these days is that a whole new generation of folks can enjoy what real talent and beauty looks like through the magic of nameless folks who take these old movie clips and put a new sound track to them.  Watch this video and feel good.    

4 comments:

  1. seriously kewl dancing, esp. with astaire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My feets got to dancing Anne Marie!

      Delete
  2. They sure don't make 'em like that anymore! Rita was a gem. And the video had me ALMOST dancing - - despite the fact that I have two left feet.....perhaps three.....

    I agree with you, Ron - I'll take Rita, Bette, Joan, & Marilyn any day......and maybe Guy Madison......

    (Do I use too many dots and dashes in my comments???.....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,

      I just don't see any comparable stars today. It's a shame. I'm glad these were the stars of my era and not the faux stars of today like JoLo and Mariah Carey.

      Ron

      Delete