Monday, June 29, 2009

AARP TV: Stonewall 40 Years Later

Yesterday was the 40th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots. Thus began the gay liberation movement in this country.

This video is for my gay friends who are still in the closet, ashamed of who they are and thus permitting the oppression of the GBLT community of which they belong. Wake up my friends! Do not be afraid. There is nothing to fear but fear itself. The world will not end if you come out as who you are. If you do nothing else in your life, at least have the courage to be honest with yourself and your friends, family and co-workers.

Do not ask me to enable you to stay in the closet. If you are ashamed of your association with me because I publically identify myself as gay, then perhaps you should discontinue your friendship with me because your lie is more important than your friendship with me. I will not assist you in condoning your self-hatred as a gay person. It is your choice.

2 comments:

  1. Very well put. Glenn and I stand by you 100%. Out and Proud, Mike and Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mike and Glenn. The strongest tool we have in overcoming oppression of the GBLT community, coming out. Throw open those closet doors!

    ReplyDelete