Wednesday, January 03, 2018
Back To Normal
\Well, we got through another holiday season. Now life can go back to normal.
I'm not a total bah humbug for Christmas and "the holidays", which actually starts with Halloween. But I'm always glad when life can go back to the normal routine. Well, as normal as one can expect in today's world with the Orange Monster In The White House sending reckless Tweets out putting the world on edge for a nuclear war. Yes, I said it. Are you as embarrassed as I am that Trump represents us in the world? I'm not only embarrassed but I lose sleep at night wondering what the next outrage will come from the adult day care center that is now the White House. But enough of this worry, I'm going to try and live my life as normal as I can.
Today that will be a challenge. We're expecting a nor'easter snowstorm to hit the eastern coast here later tonight. I'm scheduled to work at the hotel tomorrow afternoon. Do I go in now and stay overnight or do I take a chance that the major portion of this winter snowstorm/cyclone will bypass us here on the eastern coast of southern Delaware. I'll make that decision later today.
As some of you probably know that county is in the grip of Artic temperatures. We have the fireplace going here at Casa Tipton-Kelly. On sunny days like this my bedroom has a delicious comforting solar heat that I luxuriate in. In fact right after this blog posting I'm going to indulge in that satisfying warmth.
Next up on my agenda is preparing for my annual trip to sunny California next month. That's right folks, this year we're (my Canadian Travel Buddy Pat) spending two weeks in California, one week in Los Angeles (West Hollywood) and a week in Palm Springs. And as luck would have it my good blogger friend Dr. Spo and his entourage will be in Palm Springs the same time Pat and I are there. Spo and his buddies will be staying at Indulge. Pat and I will be staying at an Airbnb with a pool! Yes folks, I will take my bathing suit with me. This should be interesting since I haven't worn since I developed a pot belly. Where did that pot belly come from? Comes with age folks. Old guys get it.
Now to get through this snow storm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My World Is Shrinking
Me at eleven years old without a worry in the world. Year 1953. My world has been shrinking this past year. Yesterday I woke up with a mi...
-
First of all, fair warning this is a cryptic post. No names are mentioned in order to protect the innocent (and guilty) and to avoid em...
-
Dr. Spo finally arrived (fashionably) and met his blogger friends at Cubby's VIP suite at the hotel. Anne Marie of Philly, Ja...
-
Sergeant William Kelly, Bamberg Germany, 1951 Bill died at 12:20 AM this morning at the Delaware Hospice Center in Milford, Delaware. I w...

1 comment:
Yep, I'm in NYC, I don't think I'll really know until tomorrow whether I can come in to work. They've graciously sent out an email that we should work from home if it gets too bad out. I hope it doesn't get too bad, I'm not the most productive when working from home.
Take care of yourself in this weather Ron. Would you be able to call off the work day if it gets too bad?
Post a Comment