Friday, January 05, 2018
Snowed In - Cabin Fever
Here we are at the aftermath of our first major winter storm. Bill is outside shoveling the driveway. The temperature is a frigid 14 degrees.
Yesterday I spent most of the day in our fireplace and gas propane warmed house at my computer. I reviewed all 846 photos from my Tipton family reunion of 2011. Now to take the next step and upload those photos to Shutterfly and share with relatives who attended that reunion. I meant to share these photos sooner but you know how time gets away from you. Wow. That seven years went by fast.
I haven't been out of the house since I returned from work at the hotel Wednesday night, just as the snow was starting to fall, sideways. No need to go out, I have enough pita chips and hummus to last me for at least a week.
Tomorrow the temperature is forecast to drop to ONE DEGREE. Hey folks, no fan of winter Arctic temperatures here. My two week winter escape to California can't come soon enough. I just hope that when my flight takes off Sunday February 11th that the roads are clear to Philly International airport. I don't want any delay to my annual Winter Escape.
UPDATE!
I heard a motor so I looked out the window. There it was! A very generous neighbor is using his snowblower to clear out our driveway. Bill was out there earlier shoveling. I don't shovel. My lame excuse is that I fear falling but really I just don't like the cold. I would just as well prefer to wait for the snow to melt. Yep, I'm lazy and a wuss. Now that I have made my mea culpa, I am so thankful to that neighbor who just cleared out our driveway with his snowblower.
Thank you!
Now for lunch and a afternoon nap in my solar heated bedroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Let Them Eat Cake!
Lemon cake with lemon buttercream icing Legend has it the late doomed French Queen Marie Antoinette said in response to the French peasan...
-
First of all, fair warning this is a cryptic post. No names are mentioned in order to protect the innocent (and guilty) and to avoid em...
-
Dr. Spo finally arrived (fashionably) and met his blogger friends at Cubby's VIP suite at the hotel. Anne Marie of Philly, Ja...
-
Sergeant William Kelly, Bamberg Germany, 1951 Bill died at 12:20 AM this morning at the Delaware Hospice Center in Milford, Delaware. I w...
15 comments:
First of all, not being judgy here, but, hummus? ICK! I'm not really food picky, I like chitlins' after all, but hummus, ack!
Secondly, Bill, outside shoveling snow? No wonder he has such great longevity! Snow is pretty to look at, but I freeze just from moving to Livermore from San Diego. No snow, but cold.
Lastly, speaking of pretty to look at, that room of yours is beautiful! Warm and inviting in more ways than one.
I'm always appreciative of considerate neighbors. You have a good one. We had one who took it upon himself to mow our wee...uh, grass whenever we went out of town. I'm hoping it was out of kindness rather than removing a blight on the neighborhood.
Be careful out there.
Looks beautiful, but I know what you mean. And not wanting to fall is NOT a lame excuse! You gotta stay upright!
You're living through a true horror story, Ron. But even apart from ongoing White House ongoing dramas, just seeing your weather on our telly news makes me thank our lucky stars that we are here basking in temps of 45 degrees F. Poor you - and others around you! Let's hope that soon you really will be jetting off to somewhere warmer - just like the Trump is, erm, 'sensibly' doing.
Ray,
A little over a month now Pat and I will be in sunny California for two whole weeks! Just hope we can make it out of here (Pat in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada where they're also having frigid temperature and snow). Also in California I'll be free of Trump. California is another whole world.
Ron
Walt,
My biggest fear year round is a fall, especially this time of year of snow and ice. I've already done it once. I don't want a repeat. I might not be so lucky next time.
Ron
Deedles,
I LOVE hummus! Are you kidding? You don't like it. Unfortunately I didn't discover hummus until just a few years ago. But now I eat it every day. My favorite is red pepper hummus.
Good neighbors are like good friends, rare and so appreciated.
Ron
It's the chickpeas, Ron. I loathe those things, the texture and the flavor! To each their own, though. Some people don't like chocolate. I put chickpeas up there with lima beans, gag!
Deedles,
I LOVE LIMA beans! Are you kidding? Now what I had is any seafood. ANYTHING FISHY. GAG!
Ron
We agree on seafood. I hate all fish except for shrimp, scallops, canned tuna and the mystery meat of the sea- fish sticks.
Here's the litmus test (for what, I don't know), kale and Brussels sprouts, yea or nay? Hint major gag! You are fun, Ron!
Ron - we're having an old fashioned winter up our way. But when dressed for it is okay. Only when the wind stirs it can feel like your face is freezing off. But wow - we are into January and by the end of Feb things seem to subside. As time seems to fly by I'm enjoying whatever comes as much as I can - at least for the time being.
Pat
Pat,
It is very cold for us down here. We're not used to this long of a period of cold. Good for the spring bulbs though. They need a total freezing to come up in glory in the Spring.
Ron
Deedles,
I used to be able to handle tuna fish sandwiches. Probably still can but haven't for years now. My Mother used to make wonderful salmon patty cakes which I liked. However, I don't like any shell fish and especially shrimp which to me is like eating giant maggots. I do like kale ad Brussels sprouts though. Not those kale "chips" though, which is like eating paper. I like kale in soup. I like cauliflower and broccoli.
Ron
Giant maggots, huh? I will never look at shrimp the same way again. Thanks a lot, Ron! Chickpeas look like tiny butts, but that may not be a deterrent for some people :)
Cauliflower and broccoli rock when served raw with a veggie dip.
Deedles,
I still love chickpeas. Nothing with dissuade me (smile). I agree with you that cauliflower and broccoli rock when served raw with a veggie dip, especially ranch dressing.
Ron
good for your neighbors !
Post a Comment