Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Missing Tooth!


I'm ready for my closeup Mr. DeMille" 

Last night at dinner, while I was chomping down on my crock pot cream chicken dinner, I felt something strange whilst I was chewing the delicious tender melt in your mouth chicken chunks smothered in white wine and cream of chicken soup. Somewhat that SHOULDN'T be there. Reminded me of the time I was eating one of those rabbits my father killed with his shotgun and I crunched down on one of the pellets. Uh oh!

I stopped chewing and ran my tongue over what was in my mouth for the offending particle. 

I found it. 

I put my finger in my mouth and pulled it out. 

What I saw was part of a tooth, uh oh. 

Then I ran my tongue over the teeth remaining in my mouth. 

My tongue couldn't find any missing fillings.

Then I went a mirror. Yep, what I saw was that a cap came off my front tooth. 

I am now Mortimer Snerd.


8 comments:

Mike said...

That's quite a visual, Ron. I hope there's no pain. Have you gotten in touch with the dentist?

Ron said...

Mike,
I see my dentist this morning at 9:35 am. I HAVE to get this fixed! California Dreaming is coming up fast.
Ron

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! I hope you're not in pain or feeling uncomfortable. But what a fun photo. :-)

Harry Hamid said...

Oh no... I hate thinking about teeth. I basically go to the dentist and say "Do what you need to do and don't even tell me about it." The idea of losing a cap and having to acknowledge it would make me squirm.

You seem much more good-natured about it. Ha!

Hope you get it sorted out this morning.

Ron said...

Walter,
Just back from the dentist. Mouth is sore from the Novocaine and the bill but otherwise, I am fine. My new tooth should be in on the 24th. In the meantime, I have a temporary crown. Hope it doesn't fall off when I'm in California.
Ron

Ron said...

Harry,
Thank you for your concern. I just got back from a two hour visit with my dentist. Fortunately he was in this morning. He has another dental office in Dover. He had to drill down around my gum to establish a new point for post. My gums are sore from two places where he had to administrator Novocaine for the pain. I have a temporary crown in now. Hopefully that will hold up while I'm in California for two weeks. My new crown should be ready when I return. Of course another big dental bill. I'm falling apart. Expensive keeping me together.
Ron

Ur-spo said...

Dear me! Happily I read your posts in reverse so I knew it turned out OK.

Ron said...

Can you imagine me making an appearance in PS looking like THAT? I would have to wear a bag over my head.

Let Them Eat Cake!

  Lemon cake with lemon buttercream icing  Legend has it the late doomed French Queen Marie Antoinette said in response to the French peasan...