Friday, October 07, 2016

The Presidential Campaign Ended Today



Trump and Billy Bush - 2005 - Alpha Males and misogynists

Mark this date.  The U. S. presidential campaign ended today.  


The Washington Post published this story today.  See here

Trump is caught on a hot mic bragging "When you're a star . . . . you can do anything" to women, including grabbing their private parts. 

Folks, a revelation like this about a person's character is bad enough but when it reinforces an already known narrative, it is lethal. 

Trump's immediate response was "Bill Clinton was worse" won't make a difference.  All during this campaign every time Trump is revealed for who he is, the Trump campaign immediately pivots to "Hillary . . . . etc."  This time he pivots to Bill Clinton but there is one small fact he overlooks, Bill Clinton isn't running for president.

Many months ago I predicted that Trump would be the Republican nominee for president of the United States.  I never said he would win but I have to admit there were times during the past few months when I had my doubts.  But now I have no doubt.  Trump is finished.  There is no way out of this, even for his most reverent supporters.  The simple fact is that Trump needs more women voters.  He won't get those votes now.  Oh sure, he'll still have the white males without college degrees or as he says "I love the poorly educated!"  But he isn't getting that much sought after women's vote.


Braggart Trump with his Trophy Wife, Melanie

So now here is my prediction.  Trump with withdraw from the presidential race. This isn't the first tie I thought he would withdraw but now I am fairly confident he will withdraw.  Reince Prebius, the Republican National Committee chairman will ask Indiana governor Mike Pence to take Donald Trump's place as the Republican presidential candidate.  


Mike Pence, Indiana governor who signed a anti LGBT law
New Republican presidential candidate


Mark this date.  Donald Trump is finished.  Thank God. 



14 comments:

  1. Can we hold Mr. Trump accountable for lewd comments made in 2005 when he was only a boy of 59? Ooh, I think we can. Excellent post, Ron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geo.,
      Trump needs to finally be held responsible for his behavior. He is totally unsuitable to be president of the United State. He is totally unprincipled and has no moral character. We cannot have someone like that as president. Trump is repugnant.Trump is a deeply disturbed and dangerous man who is totally unfit to be president.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Do you honestly think he'll withdraw, Ron? I appreciate that I'm only a very distant outsider-observer but I'd very much doubt it. I do fervently hope you're right.

    This is headline news here this morning, as U.S. politics very often is, much to the frustration of those many among us who feel constant frustration that no other country gets even one-tenth of the coverage that ALL our news channels give to American politics. But while it's there I do watch with avid interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Trump doesn't want to withdraw but I think he'll be forced to withdraw. I think more "open mic" moments are coming out. You have to give Trump one thing, he is entertaining. I'm glad our politics are providing plenty of fodder for your news stations. Coverage of Trump is always good for ratings.
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Ron, I'm hoping that the W. Post has more of these 'eavesdroppings' and are going to leak them out in instalments. That way he'll certainly be doomed - and talking about Bill C's indiscretions surely isn't going to wash! But he has made it the most 'colourful' Presidential campaign that certainly I can remember. So, as long as H.C. can keep her head and go just one more month relatively gaffe-free she really ought to have it sown up. Fingers are crossed.

      Delete
    3. Fingers are crossed here too Ray!

      Delete
    4. I'd not heard of this Billy Bush chappie (which is hardly a surprise). I understand he's a cousin of the more famous members of the clan holding that 'celebrated' name. I take it it must have been he who was giggling like an infant at the T's genial and oh-so-hilarious witticisms.

      Delete
  3. Pence is just as bad or worse! Pence announced yesterday at a rally about rolling back LGBT rights. My only laugh out of this came from a photo of Ted Cruz making phone calls at a call center to promote Trump with Trump and Pence posters behind him on the wall.

    In all honesty,if I could, I would vote for Prince Harry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jimmy,
      Oh I agree with you about Pence! He is just as bad or even worse than Trump. I don't think Trump is homophobic but Pence is. To me politicians like Pence, those who believe that God talks to them, are much more dangerous than a crude clown like Trump. Not to worry though, in less than a month both of these men will be relegated to the dustbin of history.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Anonymous12:40 PM

    I read the news today. The Dump Trump Movement is hauling away Donald and his all fraud. I hope the women of America make this election a landslide win for Ms. Clinton. They do have the power to do it. Your caption "The Presidential Election Ended Today" is so true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,
      Bragging about sexual assault on women disqualifies Donald Trump as a presidential candidate and as a decent human being. I don't care how much money he has or how many Hillary Haters there are out there.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Anonymous4:10 PM

    Mr. Trump stated as part of his predatory remarks towards, women, that when he is in pursuit of a woman, "I don't even wait." He said this as newlywed, newly married within less than a year. His comments will empower woman to rush to the polls for Ms. Clinton. For too long in America, we have not engaged fully in the political process; specifically, by the routine low voter turnouts. I will be entertained once by Mr. Trump, when he loses in the election.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,
      In a perverse way Trump has done this country a favor by bringing into the national conversation that it is wrong to brag about sexual assault on women just because of your celebrity, power or money. His braggadocio wasn't just "locker room talk" or "entertainment", it is criminal. Lock him up!
      Ron

      Delete
  6. He has a remarkable way of staying around despite massive efforts to extinguish him. Like a cockroach.

    ReplyDelete