Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Accidents Happen

Broken iPhone glass - yep, I did it.


This morning, groggy, I reached for my iPhone on the nightstand next to my bed.  Half asleep I forgot that I had my iPhone charger plugged in. Thus, as I reached for my iPhone to check the latest Trump news, I lost my grip and my iPhone fell and crashed against the brass knob of my nightstand. Unbelievably, the knob hit exactly on the bottom button on my iPhone, breaking the glass in a spider like web. Lucky Ron.  You know if I tried to do that I couldn't.

I know others who have shattered the glass on their iPhone and I smugly thought "How careless can you be?"  Well folks, here I be.  I did it myself and now I know how carless one can be.  

Lesson learned. 

I called Apple support and thank goodness I have an Apple Care Protection plan.  They will replace my $949.00 phone for $99.00.  Phew!

Next time before I groggily grab for my phone in the morning to check for the latest Trump news, I'll make sure I'm awake. By the way, I'm blaming this broken phone on Donald Trump.  Why not?

5 comments:

  1. Good Gawd!!!

    Who would pay $950 for a phone??? !!!

    (disclaimer: I have *no* cell phone.)

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy,
      My life would be significantly diminished without my iPhone. For many reasons which I may list in a future blog posting. I received my replacement phone today. $950 too much? Oh no, it's a bargain.
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Hi Ron,

      This was just 'mock indignation' on my part, but I really didn't know what those things cost.

      And who am I to talk, as I spent the $1200 or so for a MacBook Pro (which I do like very much.)

      :-)

      -Andy

      Delete
  2. We better be careful, tRump will threaten to sue you after the election, for saying he was responsible for you dropping your phone, he threatens everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      Believe me, the thought that he would threaten to sue me has crossed my mind before I post anything negative about him. That's his weapon, bullying people with the threat of suing them and thus incurring financial hardship for them to defend themselves. He is so repugnant. I can't wait until this election is over and he disappears, which he will regardless of some in the media saying he will still have his supporters. I think those supporters will wake up one day and realize they've been conned.
      Ron

      Delete