Tuesday, October 11, 2016

New Custom Made Shirt!



Yesterday when I returned home from work I found a very nice surprise.  There was a package that contained a custom made Dr. Spo shirt.  So nice!

This is my "giraffe" shirt.  Very appropriate for me, being taller than average most of my life.  I love it!  


A happy Ron with his new "Giraffe" shirt

I am already the lucky recipient of three "Spo shirts."  I wore my "parrot" shirt to the "Price is Right" TV show last year when Pat and were in Hollywood for our annual winter holiday.  I wasn't chosen to "Come on down!" last year, even though I wore my Parrot shirt (see side bar photo).  But this year I am confident I will be chosen because I will be wearing this fabulous shirt.

I am so thankful to have a friend like Dr. Spo.  


Dr. Spo, fabulous friend well over four feet tall

Let me tell you something about this wonderful man.  He's kind, generous, witty, good-looking, and smart.  He lives in Phoenix, Arizona.  He is a head shrink therapist. 

I "met" him through a link to his blog that was on my late friend "The Cajun's" blog.  I was immediately attracted to his handsome features.  Then I read his blog.  Wow, this guy is good!  In my opinion he's a better writer than many professional humor writers. I think he missed his calling.  He's as good as Dave Barry, my preeminent favorite humorist.  

Four years ago I had the good fortune to meet him in person during our first Bloggerpalooza.  I was very surprised to find that he is well over four feet tall.  In fact, he is quite tall.  


Dr. Spo with me, the late David Jefferies and the late "The Cajun", and Anne Marie of Philly's husband. I, Wayne and Dr. Spo are wearing his custom made shirts.

As you can tell I like this man.  But you know what I really like about Dr. Spo?  He is so kind.  And he tolerates me, even with all my foibles.  He isn't one of those faint hearted "friends" who dumps me as a friend just because I did or said something immature or inappropriate.  At the Bloggerpalooza I took note that he treats all people the same.  He doesn't have favorites.  


Dr. Spo gives a bear hug to the late David Jefferies

Dr. Spo is a good person and I am proud to have him as a friend.

Thank you Dr. Spo for this wonderful shirt. 


Me, Dr. Spo and his partner, Someone arriving at the Bloggerpalooza 2013 (note, I am 6'3" and Dr. Spo is almost as tall as I am and he's not wearing heels)



12 comments:

  1. The shirt is a perfect fit, Ron, and I love the color. It will be very spiffy to wear on your next Hollywood excursion (is "spiffy" still a legitimate word??). I had no idea that your parrot shirt was a Dr. Spo creation. I'm sure you mentioned it, but I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      Guess who are my two favorite bloggers? You and Dr. Spo. Do you make custom made shirts?
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Lucky you to have Spo shirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I am Michael!
      Ron

      Delete
  3. I think my comment did not go through: I am glad to see the shirt fits and the dimensions are proper. I am glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      I LOVE this shirt! You are a kind and generous man. Thank you so much.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Who WOULDN'T want to own that shirt, Ron? It's not only superbly casual-dressy, it's totally unique! You're going to make an awful lot of guys as envious as hell.

    Although one of the many who've never (yet?) had the pleasure of meeting Dr Spo in person, I totally concur with everything you've said about the lovely man, especially being that you'd be someone who would know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Dr. Spo is a lovely man. So kind and generous. Cute too❗️👍😜
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Wow!! Love the shirt from the talented Dr Spo.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too Pat! Superb. Dr. Spo is a dear for making it for me.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. ✔️✔️✔️✔️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks good on me doesn't it Roger? I love it.
      Ron

      Delete