Monday, August 15, 2016
My Stress Reliever
How do I relieve stress?
Some exercise.
Some take drugs.
Some drink.
Some eat.
Some kayak.
Some play in a rock band.
Well, you get the idea.
I relieve my stress by sitting in front of my big screen iMac computer and playing online Scrabble while listening to "Antiques Beat" radio on my Bose radio.
Occasionally I interrupt my online Scrabble games blog and check some of my favorite blogs.
Gone are the days where I ventured out to local cemeteries taking photos of headstones fulfilling Find a Grave requests.
Gone are the days where I organize family reunions and update my family tree on Ancestry.com.
No more. No mas.
Ah, retirement is so wonderful. I can do what I want to do. And these days folks, these brutally hot summer days I prefer to sooth my inner soul thus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My World Is Shrinking
Me at eleven years old without a worry in the world. Year 1953. My world has been shrinking this past year. Yesterday I woke up with a mi...
-
First of all, fair warning this is a cryptic post. No names are mentioned in order to protect the innocent (and guilty) and to avoid em...
-
Dr. Spo finally arrived (fashionably) and met his blogger friends at Cubby's VIP suite at the hotel. Anne Marie of Philly, Ja...
-
Sergeant William Kelly, Bamberg Germany, 1951 Bill died at 12:20 AM this morning at the Delaware Hospice Center in Milford, Delaware. I w...
9 comments:
Ron,
Gosh, you don't look stress free. You look kind of angry in the video. I see there are little adds on the bottom of your videos now. They are taking over every space with ads these days.
Lar
Very nice, Ron Zen Monk Tipton.
Pat
Who cooks the food? That's what I wish I could retire from.
Lar,
Did I look angry? I don't think so. I was actually quite happy because I figured out the remote control on my iPhone so I could activate the video. The ads on my You Tube videos? I don't mind as long as they don't take over. After all, I don't pay anything for uploading those videos to You Tube and using them. I can see some ads. The problem with to many businesses though is that once they start putting ads in, they get greedy until they ruin the content.
Ron
All with your influence Pat. You have inspired me to be Ron Zen Monk.
Ron
Jimmy,
I used to do the cooking but these days we don't sit down to meals together. Bill eats on a different schedule than me. We don't eat that much these days. I just don't cook big meals anymore. Haven't for years.
Ron
I especially like the music on your second video, Ron.
Relaxation doesn't come easily for me. "Stress" is my middle name. The two things that help me relax the most are music and reading. And I've been spending a lot of time reading now, with all the wonderful books from the Tipton Wing of my library. I'm presently reading the Billy Wilder Biography and "Possessed" - the Joan Crawford bio.
Jon,
I am so glad you liked the book I sent to you. Reading and music are also my stress relievers as well as gardening. However, during this heat wave there is not much gardening going on here.
Ron
I had forgotten about the find a grave - you don't do that anymore.
Avoid wickedness on the internet.
Post a Comment