Monday, August 15, 2016

My Stress Reliever



How do I relieve stress?  

Some exercise.

Some take drugs.

Some drink.

Some eat.

Some kayak.

Some play in a rock band.

Well, you get the idea.

I relieve my stress by sitting in front of my big screen iMac computer and playing online Scrabble while listening to "Antiques Beat" radio on my Bose radio. 

Occasionally I interrupt my online Scrabble games blog and check some of my favorite blogs.

Gone are the days where I ventured out to local cemeteries taking photos of headstones fulfilling Find a Grave requests.

Gone are the days where I organize family reunions and update my family tree on Ancestry.com.  

No more.  No mas. 

Ah, retirement is so wonderful.  I can do what I want to do. And these days folks, these brutally hot summer days I prefer to sooth my inner soul thus.

9 comments:

  1. Ron,

    Gosh, you don't look stress free. You look kind of angry in the video. I see there are little adds on the bottom of your videos now. They are taking over every space with ads these days.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,
      Did I look angry? I don't think so. I was actually quite happy because I figured out the remote control on my iPhone so I could activate the video. The ads on my You Tube videos? I don't mind as long as they don't take over. After all, I don't pay anything for uploading those videos to You Tube and using them. I can see some ads. The problem with to many businesses though is that once they start putting ads in, they get greedy until they ruin the content.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Very nice, Ron Zen Monk Tipton.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All with your influence Pat. You have inspired me to be Ron Zen Monk.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Who cooks the food? That's what I wish I could retire from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jimmy,
      I used to do the cooking but these days we don't sit down to meals together. Bill eats on a different schedule than me. We don't eat that much these days. I just don't cook big meals anymore. Haven't for years.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. I especially like the music on your second video, Ron.
    Relaxation doesn't come easily for me. "Stress" is my middle name. The two things that help me relax the most are music and reading. And I've been spending a lot of time reading now, with all the wonderful books from the Tipton Wing of my library. I'm presently reading the Billy Wilder Biography and "Possessed" - the Joan Crawford bio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      I am so glad you liked the book I sent to you. Reading and music are also my stress relievers as well as gardening. However, during this heat wave there is not much gardening going on here.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. I had forgotten about the find a grave - you don't do that anymore.
    Avoid wickedness on the internet.

    ReplyDelete