Sunday, June 24, 2018
Rehoboth Beach This Time Last Year
Bill and I live in a resort area. We live ten miles from Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.
The trip to Rehoboth Beach in normal traffic takes about twelve minutes. "Normal traffic", alas in the summertime "normal traffic" moves like a lava flow. Even though getting to Rehoboth Beach is a straight shot from our development straight down Coastal Highway (Route One), traversing four lanes of clogged highway is no fun. Thus, I rarely if ever visit the boardwalk in Rehoboth Beach during the season.
The season lasts from Memorial Day to Labor Day. For most of us year round residents, we venture little if ever to Rehoboth Beach. There are plenty of days in the off season when we can visit Rehoboth Beach. Of course those days we're missing experience the "summer feel" of throngs of tourists and people watching. Many of the shops, restaurants and other facilities are closed except on the weekends.
Today is a warm, summery day. I'm thinking of taking Bill and taking that ten mile trip down to Rehoboth Beach today. After all, think of all those thousands of people who travel many miles to visit Rehoboth Beach, braving all that traffic. Surly I can endure ten miles.
Yes, I think I will go today.
"Hey Bill, want to take a ride to Rehoboth Beach?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My World Is Shrinking
Me at eleven years old without a worry in the world. Year 1953. My world has been shrinking this past year. Yesterday I woke up with a mi...
-
First of all, fair warning this is a cryptic post. No names are mentioned in order to protect the innocent (and guilty) and to avoid em...
-
Dr. Spo finally arrived (fashionably) and met his blogger friends at Cubby's VIP suite at the hotel. Anne Marie of Philly, Ja...
-
Sergeant William Kelly, Bamberg Germany, 1951 Bill died at 12:20 AM this morning at the Delaware Hospice Center in Milford, Delaware. I w...
2 comments:
I've never been to Rehoboth Beach. Have a great day!
Mitchell,
Rehoboth Beach and the boardwalk is very nice. Only problem is getting there, traffic gets worse every year. A big deterrent to taking a casual visit to the boardwalk.
Ron
Post a Comment