Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Palm Springs Holiday February 2017



Two years ago we visited Palm Springs for the first time. We (Pat and I) fell in love with this desert oasis.  

You know the feeling that when you visit a place for the first time and you know right away that you feel right at home? That's the way I felt about Palm Springs. I felt the same way about Cape Cod the first time I visited Provincetown, Massachusetts way back in 1974.  

This video compilation is of our visit to the top of Mt. Jacinto via a tram.  We met our friends Spo and Someone and also Tim and Larry for the trip to the top of the mountain.

We left the desert heat of the Coachella Valley to the cold winds at the top of Mt. Jacinto. I was so glad I took my hoodie with me because it was COLD up there.  What was a pleasant surprise was how refreshing the air was. Fresh air, no pollutants. Wow, I could live in that air year round. 

I am so thankful to be at this time of my life. Even though I have several health issues that are slowly bringing me down, I can still visit wonderful places like Palm Springs with great friends like Pat, and our friends. And you know what makes all this possible? Every friend, including Pat, I have met through my blogging. 


2 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

We fell in love with Palm Springs our first time there. It was magical!

Ron said...

Mitchell,
Pat and I were urged by our friend Nadine for years to try Palm Springs. When we finally did, we fell in love immediately. A week in Palm Springs is a must every year now. My goal is to eventually spend the best part of winter in Palm Springs in the future.
Ron

My World Is Shrinking

  Me at eleven years old without a worry in the world. Year 1953.  My world has been shrinking this past year. Yesterday I woke up with a mi...