Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Another Day, Another Doctor's Visit



Today we visited the Georgetown VA Outpatient Clinic for Bill's dermatology appointment. He has a growth on his right arm and some suspicious spots on his face. "Lois" took pictures and will send them to the Wilmington VAMC for their dermatology department to examine. 

Another day, another doctor's appointment.

I used to tease my Mother years ago when her weekly schedule revolved around doctors' appointment. I remember what she told me:
"You just wait, you'll get your turn."  

Well, my turn has come as well as Bill's turn.

Next Monday Bill is scheduled for an endoscopy by his gastroenterologist. That means he undergoes anesthesia . . . . again. 

Tuesday I have my once postponed appointment with my cardiologist. My previous appointment I had to cancel because it conflicted with one of Bill's doctors' appointments.  

Thursday we see Bill's eye doctor for he final followup to Bill's cataract surgery and eye examination for his new glasses. 

Now, I've checked the calendar for the rest of the month and I don't see any doctors' appointments. And get this, I checked next month, August, and there is NOTHING.  Hard to believe. Wouldn't it be great if we could go one whole month without any doctors' appointments. Here's hoping. 


4 comments:

  1. I now check my calendar to see if my plans conflict with my various doctor appointments. Finally, I decided to just nix all doctor appointments on Tuesday, at least the out of town ones. I have the three free church dinners that all meet on Tuesday. I never thought the day would arrive I had so many appointments for doctors of various sorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practical Parsimony,
      Read my blog today. I had THREE changes of the time of a procedure scheduled for Bill this Monday. And the Monday date was a change from Wednesday! All these changes and doctors' appointments are causing a lot of confusion with yours truly.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Ron - and that's why it is so important that some kind of health care plan gets in that everyone can agree on. I know even up here in Canada they are going to have to soon revise it.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is CA thinking of changing their NHS-like healthcare system? Are you concerned that your country is going in the direction of our horrible for-profit system?

      Delete